Get Smart 86

Senior List
Oct 5, 2004
St George area Sydney.
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Glenelg
'Greater Western Sydney defender Jeremy Finlayson will explore trade options this off-season, according to AFL.com.au.
Finlayson signed a two-year extension with the Giants earlier this year, but the club is seeking to avoid a looming salary cap squeeze.

"Jeremy was told in his exit interview that the club was open to exploring options ahead of the trade period," Finlayson’s manager, Dave Trotter, told the AFL website.'

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/player-profile/jeremy-finlayson

I think we should have a go at bringing him to Collingwood if we can do it cheaply during trade period.

Tall Defender
Can Play

Open to Discussion
Maxwell

tenor.gif

He started the year very well and faded towards the end, can play but more as that floating defender that can take an intercept grab like Howe or Langdon already does and not so much as a KP lock down which is probably what's needed more with a bigger body.

Reminds me of a much better Oxley but not sure he's what Pies are looking for.

Why would you pass on him though?
There must be a reason why he was drafted.
If he can learn our structure he could be handy. I’d back Bucks and Justin Longmuir teaching him over Mark McVeigh (GWS Backline coach).

Why would you pass on him though?
There must be a reason why he was drafted.
If he can learn our structure he could be handy. I’d back Bucks and Justin Longmuir teaching him over Mark McVeigh (GWS Backline coach).

Came out of their academy so they essential got him as a cheap late pick.

I guess the question is do you grab a player like him when you've already got Langdon and Howe who play similar intercept styles, even Moore to a lesser extend, or do you take a chance on a kid like Jok or Wraith with late ND or RD picks?

I think I'd opt for the Jok option. Seems to have more upside.

There is also some concern about his attitude and commitment unless I'm mistaken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure how much substance there is to this either.

He was going to be out of contract with GWS at season end so if he wasn't happy or planning on staying why did he sign a 2 year deal in June this season.

He'll be a good footballer, but not sure he's the lock down the pies are looking for.

He was tried both forward and back this year, looked a lot more settled playing that third tall role and rebounded well out of defence, had a great leg on him.

Seem's a bit odd to me, wouldn't be on that much coin as he hasn't cemented a best 22 spot.

http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2018-06-05/finlayson-extends-to-2020

Has height.
Very young, 22.

Is he best 22? You would not think so.
Maybe a rookie but I think it's a pass.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back