Player Watch Jeremy Finlayson

Remove this Banner Ad

I put my hand up as a member of your club

I was thinking, why did we recruit him? sure he is good but he didn't seem to fill a need.

but how wrong was I! a great swing in the ruck, probably our best forward (out of marshall, dixon and lord) and great to throw down back when required
If he could just kick straight from set shots he could be in our top half dozen players.

A reminder that the media often oversteps the mark when it comes to the private lives of others. Kellie Finlayson has shared to her Instagram story that despite the positive news, her prognosis remained the same, that she still has stage four colorectal cancer. Foxtel and The Advertiser mis-reported what was a beautiful story on The Project.

That Kellie now has to explain to her family, friends and strangers that what was reported in the media about her no longer having terminal cancer was not correct must be pretty distressing but as always her courage and seeing the bright side of things continues to shine through.

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 5.38.26 am.png

Last edited:
A reminder that the media often oversteps the mark when it comes to the private lives of others. Kellie Finlayson has shared to her Instagram story that despite the positive news, her prognosis remained the same, that she still has stage four colorectal cancer. Foxtel and The Advertiser mis-reported what was a beautiful story on The Project.

That Kellie now has to explain to her family, friends and strangers that what was reported in the media about her no longer having terminal cancer was not correct must be pretty distressing but as always her courage and seeing the bright side of things continues to shine through.

View attachment 1700271
Hope can be worse that acceptance.

View attachment 1700271
I took it to mean that her cancer was no longer classed as “terminal” and that there was hope that the continued treatment could lead to her being cancer-free. I sincerely hope that is her situation. She's a fighter and a very brave girl.

I took it to mean that her cancer was no longer classed as “terminal” and that there was hope that the continued treatment could lead to her being cancer-free. I sincerely hope that is her situation. She's a fighter and a very brave girl.
Is that not what the headline comments from The Advertiser was implying?

Did people actually read even The Advertisers click bait, headline/summary as "cancer free"?

Is that not what the headline comments from The Advertiser was implying?

Did people actually read even The Advertisers click bait, headline/summary as "cancer free"?
Maybe people read not having “terminal” cancer as not having “terminal cancer”, but I thought it was explained properly in the article, just hope I'm right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't watch the Project, but read the Tiser article this morning.
Cancer is such a f***er of a disease - it seems like you've nailed it. Then it returns.

Still, a glmmer of hope is better than no hope at all.

Here's wishing Kellie's situation can contiue to improve, even if only incrementally. Time will tell.

If she eventually can win this war (by the grace of the chap upstairs, and her own fighting spirit), then how fantastic would that be?

Needless to say, whatever the final outcome may be, every single day extra that their family gets together will be like diamonds to them :thumbsu::heart:

If she eventually can win this war (by the grace of the chap upstairs, and her own fighting spirit), then how fantastic would that be?
And science and medicine.

If he could just kick straight from set shots he could be in our top half dozen players.
i would say there is a lot of external stresses that would be affecting is mental capacity. hopefully this positive news has him playing a bit more freely.

Another bag of 5 for Jezza. Great picture here.
9wNRfUaj.jpg

Another bag of 5 for Jezza. Great picture here.
9wNRfUaj.jpg

we are all guilty of being "caught up" in the moment rather than being in the moment. we are so focused on achieving goals, that all important SMS or getting a task done.

but look at this pic, if you ever want to see a person being in the moment.......40k cheering fans, walking out to take on the opposition at the elite level but in this moment tell me he isn't loving his family and nothing else matters!

there is something very special about this

we are all guilty of being "caught up" in the moment rather than being in the moment. we are so focused on achieving goals, that all important SMS or getting a task done.

but look at this pic, if you ever want to see a person being in the moment.......40k cheering fans, walking out to take on the opposition at the elite level but in this moment tell me he isn't loving his family and nothing else matters!

I saw this and at the time thought jeeze he's in for a tough game, too much to handle.

Not only went out and kicked 5 but spent a fair bit of time in defending in the second half, taking grabs and moving the ball forward.

I didn't want to trade the bloke in, couldn't see how he'd help. Now, he's one of our most important, most versatile and most consistent performers an absolute delight to watch.

Watched that from behind them walking out

Who’s cutting onions??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back