Bumped Jeremy Howe Mark of the Year (no he didn't win)

Remove this Banner Ad

Howe's mark was 'right in front of me'. And I was on level 2! It looked like he was climbing through the air - he just kept going. A great mark, and a fantastic memory from a disappointing day.

Howe is one of a kind truly,

Tony Modra for the win.....best consistent aerialist on the planet.
His (very poor quality) youtube highlight video is truly awe inspiring.
You have to remember he only even got a gig because the Crows regular forward got injured...took the chance with both hands 2 metres in the air.
Ignore the gooey slow mo lead in.....if you're not impressed by this you're odd.

You have to remember he only even got a gig because the Crows regular forward got injured...took the chance with both hands 2 metres in the air.
Ignore the gooey slow mo lead in.....if you're not impressed by this you're odd.

It's like he had control of the bloke who's shoulders he was sitting on. If he need to fall forward, he did it. If he needed to push back he applied just enough pressure to get himself there without his opponent collapsing forward. Then there were the times that he just hit packs at full speed and timed his jump perfectly.

Freak.

It's like he had control of the bloke who's shoulders he was sitting on. If he need to fall forward, he did it. If he needed to push back he applied just enough pressure to get himself there without his opponent collapsing forward. Then there were the times that he just hit packs at full speed and timed his jump perfectly.

Freak.
Modra and Howe both have 3 marks in the best 50 of all time. Tarrant has two, amazingly the night he took his best he took another 9 marks, 3 of which were almost as good.

I just can't get over how good it was.

I've had this discussion with a few mates, may as well see what the good folk here think. Rank these first, second, third. Height vs Pack vs Hang.

Height

vs

Pack

vs

Hang

The 'height' mark is no. 1. The elevation was amazing, he just kept climbing. Where does the leap come from?

The 'hang' mark is no. 2. Again, what enables Howe to stay up there, waitiing for the ball to arrive?

The 'pack' mark comes in third. A great mark, but more common.

Billy Picken was a very good high flier also for us. Howe will end up being the best over head mark for us

Wonder if Howe yells out "and here comes Jeremy" as he sets himself

Wonder if Howe yells out "and here comes Jeremy" as he sets himself
That was funny of billy yelling that out as he went for a mark,
Another forward who played better as a back, but loved his marking especially when against knights, the battles they had

You've won me

Howe's mark was 'right in front of me'. And I was on level 2! It looked like he was climbing through the air - he just kept going. A great mark, and a fantastic memory from a disappointing day.

I looked down to get a Drink at the Exact Moment he took it:'(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The non Collingwood types voted for the non Collingwood player.

Collingwood had two players.

But don't worry, if we had our captain do to Sloan what Cotchin did, he'd have got time.

The worst part about fugly winning mark of the year is that when people look back on 2017 and see that boring s**t won it, they’ll assume it was a terrible year for marks when it was arguably the best ever.

Makes that one winning so much worse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back