Toast Jeremy Howe - The Stud

Remove this Banner Ad

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hopefully he takes it to another level under our new coach! (Couldn't resist)
He might be retired by then :D

(Couldn't resist :))

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't believe you honestly expect us to make finals from here, Mr Viewed. I'm a fan of the man too but his expiration date is unfortunately about to lapse.
Finals this year? Odds to far to be overcome.
17 games left, using the 13 wins to make finals theory, we'd need 12 games in 17, no very unlikely.

DWil6

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Premier League
Finals this year? Odds to far to be overcome.
17 games left, using the 13 wins to make finals theory, we'd need 12 games in 17, no very unlikely.

And I assume you're aware of what Bucks said in relation to his future prospects and us not making the finals? He'll be a man of his word, of that I have no doubt.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
And I assume you're aware of what Bucks said in relation to his future prospects and us not making the finals? He'll be a man of his word, of that I have no doubt.
Indeed I do.
But will Mr Ed tell him, no, you're staying!

I don't get involved who what where.

Whoever is the coach will get my support.

I have no angst over it, one way or another.

DWil6

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Premier League
Indeed I do.
But will Mr Ed tell him, no, you're staying!

I don't get involved who what where.

Whoever is the coach will get my support.

I have no angst over it, one way or another.

Fair enough. I'm supportive but I also want to see us succeed. If getting the next gun key forward is what it takes or a new coach, I'm all for it.
What would you put the odds of Buckley being our coach in 2018 at?

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Fair enough. I'm supportive but I also want to see us succeed. If getting the next gun key forward is what it takes or a new coach, I'm all for it.
What would you put the odds of Buckley being our coach in 2018 at?
I think 6/1

Why?

Mr Ed makes the decision, Mr Ed is the only person that matters in the decision

DWil6

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Premier League
I think 6/1

Why?

Mr Ed makes the decision, Mr Ed is the only person that matters in the decision

Would you bet on him staying? I don't think Ed would be able to, or willing to keep Bucks in if he chose to step down or our season suggested he should. As much as Ed is the head honcho, he's not blind to the feelings of the masses.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Would you bet on him staying? I don't think Ed would be able to, or willing to keep Bucks in if he chose to step down or our season suggested he should. As much as Ed is the head honcho, he's not blind to the feelings of the masses.
I wouldn't bet no.

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Its a no brainer he should play only back, not because hes an awful forward, but because he is extremely good at playing down back, every aspect of his game improves out of this world.

Then you still see the idiots posting on the collingwood facebook page telling the club that Howe needs to be sent forward.

How stupid can you get, are you seriously going to take a 12-15 disposal 1 goal game(probably around his mark up forward, he really isnt much better than average up there) over the 20-22 disposal, 8-10 mark games games hes pulling off from half back?

Its nothing more than a waste of talent if Jeremy Howe plays anywhere besides the back half of the ground.

Jul 13, 2007
Elwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
There's a rumour going around that Howe was late arriving at Holden Centre before the Geelong game yesterday.

A trainer was heard calling out to him:

"Have you forgotten which team you play for?"

(Melbourne was at Etihad stadium)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leave Howe down back, career best form, don't mess with that.
Liked us getting Howe as a forward, but the level he is at down back now, did not think he could achieve that form.

Nuwanda

Cancelled
Nov 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
On another note, I can’t understand why Jeremy Howe isn’t regarded as an ‘A’ grade player for the Pies.

He is a terrific player and leader at the club and I think he holds the backline together. Very rarely is he beaten.

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
On another note, I can’t understand why Jeremy Howe isn’t regarded as an ‘A’ grade player for the Pies.

He is a terrific player and leader at the club and I think he holds the backline together. Very rarely is he beaten.
Agree, he's very consistent. He did say earlier this year that the two big fellas - Roughy and Moore playing the key positions has helped him. He does not have to take the monsters anymore. This may prolong his career.

Important to note on this day Jeremy has 17 games to get to the magic 100 game make for the pies.

Go forth and multiply young man.

Should get it easy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back