Injury Jeremy Laidler - Knee

Remove this Banner Ad

Its amazing how criminally under rated this bloke is.

On two separate occasions yesterday 2 blokes from work said they had never heard of Laidler and was he even in our best 22.

In their defense one is a eagles supporter and the other one a hawthorn supporter which means they aren't well known for their football knowledge.

Looking to rnd 1 rather than any leadup matches I would have thought Jamo, Hendo, Bower and Duigan along with Yazz and someone like JR, Tuohy or AJ (or Army if he still plays small defender) would be the go down back.

Don't see a need for Gibbs or Thornton to go back there at this point.

Its amazing how criminally under rated this bloke is.

On two separate occasions yesterday 2 blokes from work said they had never heard of Laidler and was he even in our best 22.

In their defense one is a eagles supporter and the other one a hawthorn supporter which means they aren't well known for their football knowledge.

Carlton players are underated by all supporters (they probably think we over rate them though)

Was out with mates monday and half of them had no idea who he was

I saw an interview with his mum this morning. She had no idea she even had a son.

smiley-laughing025.gif

This short term injury could actually be a huge positive. Fact is we'll be losing multiple defenders at various stages in this pre-finals series because of injury. This 1-2 week absence will give a massive opportunity for another player to make a name for themselves. Remember what happened with Hendo last year because of Jamo's injury. He subsequently became the best young KP defender in the comp from that opportunity. No reason why something similar can't happen this time. This is all about building depth. We want a powerful, deep list going into the finals.

:)

I've been on about it for some weeks now, but it's odd just how little opposition supporters think of Laidler and Henderson in particular.

They're slowly jumping on board with Yarran as the media are starting to pump him up.
They'll also be talking up Casboult now, thanks to Dunstall suggesting he'll be a star of the future.

Henderson? Isn't he just that spud Carlton got in the Fev trade? Pfftt Carlton lost out bad on that trade, suckers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back