Past Jeremy Laidler - retired 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Replacement for Everitt , not a like for like player but is same age and I would go on to say that both are about as good as each other

So in effect 32 + Laidler <=> Everitt. Which isn't too bad a deal when you think about it.

So in effect 32 + Laidler <=> Everitt. Which isn't too bad a deal when you think about it.

But we gave away 39 as well. Plus, if Everitt had stayed we might have recruited Laidler anyway.

LAIDLER%20Jeremy.png

Someone photoshop this into a Swans guernsey kthxbye.

Yer not to bad I guess , as I said Laidler played all of 2012 under Ratten and then Mick came in and made him play forward in 2013 where he has said its not his game style. Even though Everitt played more games than him in 2013 due to injuries , I would still say that both are as good as each other

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But we gave away 39 as well. Plus, if Everitt had stayed we might have recruited Laidler anyway.

You're absolutely right. My one and only attempt to put any sort of positive spin on our trade period has been destroyed.

It sounds like a bit of a 'Moneyball' signing, if so it is a pretty clever strategy to manage the cap now we have Buddy's contract included, by going after undervalued/unwanted players from other clubs and teaching them the 'Bloods way'. Of course we don't know if it will actually work, but it sounds good in theory!

What sort of player is he - anyone?

Expert at the third tall and floating into space for us in 2011. He can punch well above his weight though, sometimes even having to go up against resting ruckman (I think one of those times was when he did his knee :( )

Mattner type, not a weapon but a stopper. Useful with the exit of Mattner, Armstrong and Everitt. May or may not get games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back