Recommitted Jeremy McGovern [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Radio in Perth saying that talks have been put on hold as WC not prepared to stump up the demands of McGovern
If someone wants to pay him $1 million and more, he should take the money and run.

However, I am reasonably confident of retaining McGovern.

Last edited:

We only distrust him when it suits (WC and Freo fans) unfortunately or fortunately he is often right particularly relating to WC

Hagdorn was saying up to 1.4 million offered for him, someone's stretching the truth big time

Struggling to believe that. That's more than Dusty (taking into account his rejection of a more attractive offer). I simply cant think of a club that would shell out that sort of cash, no knock on McGovern but 1.4 a year? Great player but tying that much salary cap into him isn't logical for any club.

Struggling to believe that. That's more than Dusty (taking into account his rejection of a more attractive offer). I simply cant think of a club that would shell out that sort of cash, no knock on McGovern but 1.4 a year? Great player but tying that much salary cap into him isn't logical for any club.

Welcome to the world of Hagdorn

Especially with dodgy shoulders, fair enough Gov is looking for long term contract as it may be his last. Every time he gets a knock he goes off with a limp arm but seems ok and plays on.

Big risk paying $1.4 to a player with suspect shoulders turning 27 next season.

I wouldn't be angry if the club refused to pay that, will be pretty p!ssed with a lousy mid first round pick for compo after sticking with him for so long as he took a while to develop.

Well if Lever is worth $800k and he is half the defender Gov is....

And the key word is IF.

Is Lever playing like a marquee $800k player?

Nope. And if his form doesnt improve he will be asked to take a pay cut.

Some are saying Lever is actually lowering Govs value because he is showing you shouldnt blow big $ on intercept kp backs. Goal scoring forwards and gun mids sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SEN suggested in tonight’s match preview segment that North are offering 5y @ 1mil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Replaces Scott Thompson, forms a defensive spine with Tarrant for 5 years plus. I know we need genuine class mids but its quickly becoming an issue as far as KPD's too with Durdin not coming on.

SEN suggested in tonight’s match preview segment that North are offering 5y @ 1mil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Take Goldstein's money and give it to McGovern.

I like it.

Replaces Scott Thompson, forms a defensive spine with Tarrant for 5 years plus. I know we need genuine class mids but its quickly becoming an issue as far as KPD's too with Durdin not coming on.

Not on current form. Thommo would go in to a pocket.

B: Thompson, Tarrant, Williams
HB: McDonald, McGovern, Vickers-Willis

Fair backline.

Take Goldstein's money and give it to McGovern.

I like it.

Not on current form. Thommo would go in to a pocket.

B: Thompson, Tarrant, Williams
HB: McDonald, McGovern, Vickers-Willis

Fair backline.

Thompson isn’t playing on next season regardless of current form, IMO.

Absolute pipe dream to think Mcgovern leaves his friends and family in WA, and moves from west coast to a club like north for 100-200k more per year than he'd get here. Dusty was more likely.

Teams like North and St Kilda- who have so much cap space that they really need to spend it on someone- really could potentially just take a free hit at someone like McGovern, and offer him well overs to get him over the line for just cap space.

Then front-end his contract in a pretty big way so that there's room to go after another "big fish" 12 months later.

I agree that he's not going to North for just a mil a year over 5 tho. Make it 8 and he might think about it

Teams like North and St Kilda- who have so much cap space that they really need to spend it on someone- really could potentially just take a free hit at someone like McGovern, and offer him well overs to get him over the line for just cap space.

Then front-end his contract in a pretty big way so that there's room to go after another "big fish" 12 months later.

I agree that he's not going to North for just a mil a year over 5 tho. Make it 8 and he might think about it

Like has been said earlier, Goldstein is on around $900k according to media reports.

We can afford a free hit like this and still play in the FA market next year when Goldsteins contract ends. Essentially trading Goldy for McGovern.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back