Recommitted Jeremy McGovern [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no different from Lever situation , if he want to go to the his destination club ,the club need to paid up. You can't ask Melbourne to come up with two first round pick and expect other club to ask for less when your club is the destination club .
the difference was lever said when drafted he wanted to be a 10-15 year player for the club. He wanted to go back to melbourne when he was offered bags of money that the crows were not prepared to offer. Here you have a guy that has publicly said he does not want to leave SA and is a massive crows fan. I say buyer beware and if he gets drafted by another club and after 2 years he says he wants to come home only to Adelaide and the crows, then he won't be worth more than dangerfield who nominated geelong. The unlucky club losing him will get a 1st round pick and steak knives..and it is quite likely the 1st round pick they get is not going to net them a player of the quality they could have drafted in this draft year. If you want to continue this discussion, head over to the phanton draft section for SA kids as this is really for McGovern and we have hijacked it somewhat

the difference was lever said when drafted he wanted to be a 10-15 year player for the club. He wanted to go back to melbourne when he was offered bags of money that the crows were not prepared to offer. Here you have a guy that has publicly said he does not want to leave SA and is a massive crows fan. I say buyer beware and if he gets drafted by another club and after 2 years he says he wants to come home only to Adelaide and the crows, then he won't be worth more than dangerfield who nominated geelong. The unlucky club losing him will get a 1st round pick and steak knives..and it is quite likely the 1st round pick they get is not going to net them a player of the quality they could have drafted in this draft year. If you want to continue this discussion, head over to the phanton draft section for SA kids as this is really for McGovern and we have hijacked it somewhat
Nah , I am ok better we stop it here . Let the list manager do their jobs .

Good luck to McGovern if he gets some crazy deal. I'm glad Hawthorn aren't being linked to him.

No doubt he is a gun intercept defender, but that's all. Barrass is the preferred key-position defender, allowing McGovern more scope to intercept.

Last night, McGovern spent time on Membery (Barrass had McCartin) and got absolutely torched. Modern football commentary is whacky in that the commentators raved on about his intercept game, glossing over the fact he was defensively awful.

1 million a year is too much money for this type of player.
He had bad one last week that said, he like a most our side played pretty lazy footy on the weekend. Plus he's better suited to bigger forwards than a membrey. Not sure why they didn't play Shepard on Membrey.

So McGovern is losing just over 30% of his one-on-one contests this year.

So you're telling me 69% of the time he is winning the contest every time?

So you're telling me 69% of the time he is winning the contest every time?
The most elite players win roughly a third of contests, then don't lose at least half of the remainder.

Weight of numbers means if your team only loses a quarter of contests that the more contests you create then the more ball you win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Negative. I'm taking it you are being sarcastic so I will not explain.

Anyhow, that's way below average for a key defender.

Sorry for spicing things up mate. Please forgive.

Negative. I'm taking it you are being sarcastic so I will not explain.

Anyhow, that's way below average for a key defender.

He's having a down year, but last year he lead the league with 8%

He's having a down year, but last year he lead the league with 8%

But last year I think he wasn't asked to play as the number 1 key defender. Schofield played 10 games and Mackenzie every game after round 11.

If he gets a massive contract, it's a big price for a bloke that plays his best football away from the best forward.

Only if Freo sell their soul and cough up 6 years at $1m plus per year.

Then again who else deserves cap space at Freo!
Why on earth would you want to go and play for Freo of all teams. If he's after the $ surely he would be better off choosing a team where there's some chance of success and a Club that has a decent coach;).

But last year I think he wasn't asked to play as the number 1 key defender. Schofield played 10 games and Mackenzie every game after round 11.

If he gets a massive contract, it's a big price for a bloke that plays his best football away from the best forward.

He's still not playing as the number one key defender, that would be Tom Barrass who's doing that.
At times when he has had to mind the better key forwards he's acquitted himself well.

However I do agree he's not worth the 1.2 mill that's being floated around, Jake Lever last year should give people a warning about people paying big bucks for intercept players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back