Jesse Hogan Contract Negotiations (Titus O'Reilly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Love Titus' work, he does a bit on the Greenfield Post as well.

Is this the official Let's get Jesse Hogan thread now? Nothing like a hundred page thread discussing a trade that will probably never happen :(

Personally I reckon he will stay at Melbourne. He will be Melbourne's Pav. Which will be good for Melbourne and him, and for me it's preferable than going to some of the other teams.

Is this the official Let's get Jesse Hogan thread now? Nothing like a hundred page thread discussing a trade that will probably never happen :(

Personally I reckon he will stay at Melbourne. He will be Melbourne's Pav. Which will be good for Melbourne and him, and for me it's preferable than going to some of the other teams.
Hogan staying at Melbourne is probably preferable to all other outcomes bar one.

The media make so much of players not signing. I would love a system where the clubs can't announce signings from March till the week after GF. The players can sign and whatever goes on but they have to wait till after GF to announce it. Take pressure off players and have the media speculating about all types of crap that would never happen.

However i think leaks would probably make it unworkable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May as well be.

Unfortunately I agree with you, Bennell one year and Hogan the next is firmly in the "too good to be true" category for me. I think we should be a touch empathetic with Melbourne fans too given the rampant speculation/bullshit-mongering we had to put up with when Pav and Fyfe etc delayed contract talks in the past. Really think this is just more to do with bumping up his price and getting the juiciest deal possible than any kind of dissatisfaction with the club.

Won't stop me from hoping like hell though.

We will never get him, mostly because:

1. We will never have the currency.
2. We will never have the currency.
3. We will never have the currency.

Even if he is at the end of his contract he would not get through the preseason draft.

To be honest I wouldnt mind seeing him sign back on with the dees.

We will never get him, mostly because:

1. We will never have the currency.
2. We will never have the currency.
3. We will never have the currency.

Even if he is at the end of his contract he would not get through the preseason draft.

To be honest I wouldnt mind seeing him sign back on with the dees.

There's an element of truth here. Dangerfield was a free agent, Buddy was a free agent, Hogan isn't a free agent. It's a huge difference.

Unless Hogan says to Melbourne 'Freo or I walk and you get nothing' our chances of landing him are slim. Melbourne would (rightfully) demand 2 mid to early first rounders plus a player like Neale. And there's nothing in our recent trading history that suggests we would entertain that.

May as well be.

Unfortunately I agree with you, Bennell one year and Hogan the next is firmly in the "too good to be true" category for me. I think we should be a touch empathetic with Melbourne fans too given the rampant speculation/bullshit-mongering we had to put up with when Pav and Fyfe etc delayed contract talks in the past. Really think this is just more to do with bumping up his price and getting the juiciest deal possible than any kind of dissatisfaction with the club.

Won't stop me from hoping like hell though.

One thing I am confident of is; we will play a part in pushing up his price.
I reckon $1.5 mil + per year could stuff them.

Last edited:
There's an element of truth here. Dangerfield was a free agent, Buddy was a free agent, Hogan isn't a free agent. It's a huge difference.

Unless Hogan says to Melbourne 'Freo or I walk and you get nothing' our chances of landing him are slim. Melbourne would (rightfully) demand 2 mid to early first rounders plus a player like Neale. And there's nothing in our recent trading history that suggests we would entertain that.

If Neale would entertain a move, I'd have him on the first plane out.

Hogan is THAT good

Remove this Banner Ad

Back