Toast Jesse Hogan is 2015 NAB Rising Star! Brayshaw 5th

Remove this Banner Ad

'Its Hogan's 3rd year in the system' is another pearler of an excuse they are running with to justify Hogans win. :D

Sat out all last year, played VFL when he was an Under 18 and won the B&F… 3rd year in the system :drunk:

Cripps debuted last year :drunk:

Congrats to The Hulk and your footy club, there is absolutely no shame in my boy losing to a young gun whom potentially could be greater than Wayne Carey.

You guys have suffered a pretty horrendous decade or so, I think its a bit of consolation to me that long suffering fans like you have something to smile about/celebrate.

All the best for 2016 and beyond

Don't bother. Well done guys. Think we're both pretty happy with our respective prospects.

Only show lack of humility of this board. Hate when opposition supporters come he and shoot their mouths (not you); I'd wouldn't do it. I don't usually post on the main boards.

In all seriousness though, who cares about the result in the long run. Remember when Riewoldt beat Judd in the 2002 rising star. Both have had pretty good careers.

Cripps is a gun and would have won the award almost any other year, Hogan is just one out of the box. A freak.

You dont finish top 3 in contested marks in the AFL in your first season if you're not. The amount of goals he kicked was meaningless really. The contested mark stat is all you need to know.

Start and finish of the story, a deserved winner.
Would probably have at least another 10-15 goals anyway if the maggots paid all the frees for hanging on that we're there this year.

Congrats to Jesse!

Obviously wanted Crippa to win but rightfully Hogan came out on top. Both had unprecedented years in terms of output for their position; particularly Jesse as a first year key position player and it could have gone either way.

Thankfully they'll now stop being compared to each other and will go back to being put up against their opponents. I'm backing Hogan to be the best KPP in the comp in just a few years.

I think Mark Neeld deserves a bit of credit for this. He was the one who was absolutely determined to land Hogan, even giving up pick 3 or whatever it was and downgrading another to ensure we could. He could have traded it for a player that was eligible to play and given him some more desperately needed job security but he was more concerned about the future.

It would have been easier to select Josh Kelly in the mini-draft who is the Victorian, but the club took a risk and went for a big key 17 year old forward from Western Australia, despite the risk of homesickness at that age and that he wouldn't be ready for a few years due to his position.

Neeld even said in his exit press conference when he was sacked that one of his biggest disappointments is that he never got the chance to coach with Hogan in the forward line.

He sure got an awful lot of things wrong in his 18 months at the club, but he absolutely nailed this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petracca to make it two in a row next year, beating out Heeney.

I think Darcy Moore is going to be tough to beat. Played 9 games this year and looks very good.

I think Mark Neeld deserves a bit of credit for this.

Its the only thing Neeld is going to get credit for. Just about everything else he did was an embarrassing cockslobbering bust. How can you praise the guy for having the keen eye to pick Hogan out of the pack and at the same time trade out some serious currency for Chris Dawes?

Its the only thing Neeld is going to get credit for. Just about everything else he did was an embarrassing cockslobbering bust. How can you praise the guy for having the keen eye to pick Hogan out of the pack and at the same time trade out some serious currency for Chris Dawes?
Surely it was a happy incident of the wretch's drive to recruit and then play every tall player he could possibly find. Some of our teams under him most of the players were 190+

Hogan was the throw in, the real target was Dom Barry.

Neeldy wuz lyk "who the heck iz dis big bstrd1?1!?!11?"

Hogan was the throw in, the real target was Dom Barry.

Neeldy wuz lyk "who the heck iz dis big bstrd1?1!?!11?"
Surely it was a happy incident of the wretch's drive to recruit and then play every tall player he could possibly find. Some of our teams under him most of the players were 190+

"We have what in the mini what? What the * am I supposed to do with a pick in the 'mini' draft? Choose the tallest bastard you can find and then stick your mini draft pick up your clacker!"

And that's how we drafted our best player.

Congrats to Jesse!

Obviously wanted Crippa to win but rightfully Hogan came out on top. Both had unprecedented years in terms of output for their position; particularly Jesse as a first year key position player and it could have gone either way.

Thankfully they'll now stop being compared to each other and will go back to being put up against their opponents. I'm backing Hogan to be the best KPP in the comp in just a few years.

Cripps is an out and out superstar, as much as the parochial side of me thought Hogan should win Cripps is that good I wouldnt even have blinked if he had one it
He will be the best inside stoppage player in the competition by the end of the year... I posted on the carlton board when you guys beat us that Cripps single handedly won 3-4 key stoppages in our half and directed them cleanly by hands to another carlton player when we were making our run

Both these kids are freaks

Cripps is an out and out superstar, as much as the parochial side of me thought Hogan should win Cripps is that good I wouldnt even have blinked if he had one it
He will be the best inside stoppage player in the competition by the end of the year... I posted on the carlton board when you guys beat us that Cripps single handedly won 3-4 key stoppages in our half and directed them cleanly by hands to another carlton player when we were making our run

Both these kids are freaks

He's an in and under superstar you sandy vagina!

As I understand it, neither Hogan nor TMac has a girlfriend. Both of them will be invited to the Brownlow so it will be interesting to see whom they take.

In the interests of his longevity at the club, we need to find him a Melbourne-based, Demons-loving girl with big norgs :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back