Traded Jesse Hogan [Traded to GWS for Pick #54]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • GWS

Votes: 12 92.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you just mention first rounders in the same sentence as Hogan?

25, very possibly over the LTI that affected his Melbourne-Fremantle trade (club's medicos will decide that) and we all know there is talent there. So it could be as simple as Hogan convincing someone that the penny has finally dropped and that he wants his last chance.

To be clear we are talking late, late.... late first rounder and very, very best case senario but it's not completely out of the question.

25, very possibly over the LTI that affected his Melbourne-Fremantle trade (club's medicos will decide that) and we all know there is talent there. So it could be as simple as Hogan convincing someone that the penny has finally dropped and that he wants his last chance.

To be clear we are talking late, late.... late first rounder and very, very best case senario but it's not completely out of the question.
You'd be lucky to get anything before the 3rd round for Hogan.

If players can have negative value then at the top of the list we have Dayne Beams, and both Mason Cox/Jesse Hogan would be near the top.

You're dreaming if you think any club will give you anything remotely valuable for Hogan, especially thanks to the Dayne Beams case study

The guy could break down and retire anytime with mental health issues there is no way a club will offer anything substantial, You're looking to trade him at the absolute worst time.

I could see a club offering a second rounder at the absolute best.

I can definitely see this being done for a pick in the second round which will likely be in the 30s but a lot of it will depend on if Freo consider him gone (or Hogan wants out no matter what) or if both parties feel that Hogan can play at Fremantle in 2021 if a deal isn't sorted.

Hogan still has a little value if a club can convince themselves that they can be the ones to get him committed and once we start talking third round Freo really should just hold him for next season and hope he plays a few games.

I can definitely see this being done for a pick in the second round which will likely be in the 30s but a lot of it will depend on if Freo consider him gone (or Hogan wants out no matter what) or if both parties feel that Hogan can play at Fremantle in 2021 if a deal isn't sorted.

Hogan still has a little value if a club can convince themselves that they can be the ones to get him committed and once we start talking third round Freo really should just hold him for next season and hope he plays a few games.

Yep your club holds all the cards here.

I’m surprised Freo are considering trading him after also turfing McCarthy. Their tall forwards are now literally just Taberner and Lobb - neither are A-graders.

Melbourne should be doing everything possible to get him back. They need a key forward, his value is at it’s absolute lowest and he makes them a considerably better team. If they can get his body and head right he’s good for a minimum 40 goals per year.

GWS also seems like a really good fit.

Melbourne should be doing everything possible to get him back. They need a key forward, his value is at it’s absolute lowest and he makes them a considerably better team. If they can get his body and head right he’s good for a minimum 40 goals per year.

Melbourne will be well aware of the ‘management issues’ Hogan presents....and unless they can get him back for virtually nothing and have Freo pay his salary, I would say they’ll settle for counting their blessings and not going down that road again - especially with Goodwin heading into a make or break season himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m surprised Freo are considering trading him after also turfing McCarthy. Their tall forwards are now literally just Taberner and Lobb - neither are A-graders.

Matthew Taberner just kicked 26 goals this year. If that's not "A-grade" for a COVID-influenced debacle of a "home and away" season, I don't know what is!!

Hogan and pick 10 for Sydney's pick 3 and pick 22?

Values him as a second rounder and a 7 pick upgrade

Anything less I recon we keep him

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

zero chance. If swans wanted him they would only trade future picks due to academy kids year.

Future 2nd if Freo take same salary.

If Melbourne got him back, I'd rather see him on the wing filling the role we recruited Tomlinson for. He doesn't crash packs like he did in his first AFL season. His field kicking is underrated and he can run all day (only runs one way but)

Suspect plenty of Freo fans saw this brewing during the season.

I also suspect the secret to WHY they wish to move him on lays in analysing his 2020 season under a new coach.

1. What position did he play in Rnd 3,4,5 ? Didnt play well from what i gather , but was he then dropped or injured ?
2. Was he fit mid season ? What was his form/attitude like in the scratch/ressies matches or was he also overlooked for many of those games as well ?
3. When he came back late season, was he played exclusively forward ? How was his form ?

Has that same late season stretch as Joe Daniher...looks all the world like he was simply put on display/advertised to other clubs, and he may have known or at least considered it.

Reason i ask is i suspect this could be a classic case case of new coach and overpaid underperforming player. Chance there was a bit of a blow up at some point...but more likely i suspect that after Hogans 2019, Longmuir simply gave him some KPI's and personal goals which he failed to live up to.

No surprise that a new head coach prefers to follow thru on any implied threat...especially if the list finds out about it and becomes common knowledge. Longmuir sending a message to the list.

Maybe he's just a bit of a phukup, maybe he doesnt care anymore or is soft in the head...but the consistent criticism seems more attitude than ability.

Yes I realise there was more to it and I am well aware of the trade but the pieces we used to get Lobb came from pick 6 (our first) as we traded for 11 and others from Port. That pick made it's way back to us having been changed for 5 by the Lions.

So at that point we traded 6, the only way we could get Hogan from there was to get 5 from the Lions. We got 6 instead but its the same result. Without trading Neale, we didn't have the currency for Hogan.

I am sure with the Picks Port gave us we could have worked something out for Lobb without the Neale deal. 19 was just used because we had it.
So for that pick??
Lions got neale
Freo got hogan
Dees got may
Suns got bking

interesting merry go round

Does this mean Freo are into Ben Brown?

That values him as equivalent to pick 7 when you add up the points. Are you high?
Yes we are taking a hit but your forgetting he has had some off field issues, plus his form is down, so his value will not be as high. So even though he no longer has the navicular injury it will be hard to get more then that out of Sydney.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back