Recommitted Jesse hogan puts contracts talks on hold... [re-signed until end of 2019]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark this down as a landmark day - a day when a gun footballer said he was putting off contract talks to the end of the season so he could concentrate on his footy with the club he loves ... and then actually stuck to his word. Every other player in recent times who has put off contract talks in such a manner has pretty much left his club at the end of the year.
Well done Dees and Jesse! Hope you guys have the same success as the Doggies.

Mark this down as a landmark day - a day when a gun footballer said he was putting off contract talks to the end of the season so he could concentrate on his footy with the club he loves ...

Or the delay meant he was able to extract another couple of hundred thousand from Melbourne.

We will know the truth when they either start offloading players, or go to the AFL asking for more Ambassador money.

Or the delay meant he was able to extract another couple of hundred thousand from Melbourne.

We will know the truth when they either start offloading players, or go to the AFL asking for more Ambassador money.
Nah if he had of signed at the begining of the year the money would have still been very similar

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Well done Dees. :thumbsu:

Although knowing the media, you will probably only get 6-12 months' respite before the whole circus starts up again.
Unbelievable how it happened in hindsight. Speculation started before he even had started his previous 2 year extension.

Nah if he had of signed at the begining of the year the money would have still been very similar

Possibly, though time will tell. Its also possible Freo went cold on him once they saw what an incredible season Lobb was having. I suspect he would be recruitable for far less than Hogan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So that just leaves Patton as a target, given Cameron is signed until 2020 or something?

Patton emphatically said he wasn't going anywhere on AFL 360 last week.

Kerstan seems to be available. But I think their best bet is to just draft someone early.

Patton emphatically said he wasn't going anywhere on AFL 360 last week.

Kerstan seems to be available. But I think their best bet is to just draft someone early.

Leaves them with no key forwards for a couple of years.

As for Patton, how does GWS afford Patton, Lobb and Cameron, not to mention all those midfielders who would earn $600k to $800k at other clubs?

As for Patton, how does GWS afford Patton, Lobb and Cameron, not to mention all those midfielders who would earn $600k to $800k at other clubs?

Most of them are taking unders compared to what other clubs are offering them. Last contract negotiations had Cameron taking about $400k a year less than what Adelaide was offering him, and Coniglio and Shiel about $200k less each compared to other contract offers. Patton signed right after tearing his ACL so he probably forewent some cash for contract surety.

Mark this down as a landmark day - a day when a gun footballer said he was putting off contract talks to the end of the season so he could concentrate on his footy with the club he loves ... and then actually stuck to his word. Every other player in recent times who has put off contract talks in such a manner has pretty much left his club at the end of the year.
Well done Dees and Jesse! Hope you guys have the same success as the Doggies.
Cloke did the same thing 4 years ago

I think 'progressive' young guns would actually prefer to stay in Melbourne than move back to WA.

Same reason why O'Meara wants to move to Melbourne.

The city will be the major obstacle in luring back top kids to WA particularly if they look at professional opportunities post footy.

Their cap is not the same size as every other club yet.

Also it's at the point where some players might be taking unders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow the freo rebuild just took a massive hit. Akin to all their workers going on strike during a construction project.

Im surprised given freo posters were very confident and were in the know about his intentions due to a rep of his management being on their board

Tell you what karl langdon has egg on his face

In 2017 they will get an extra $1m in their salary cap

His market value would have been significantly higher at the start of the season or 2/3 of the way through when he was 6th in the Coleman. That being said we probably paid him that amount anyway as a 'goodwill' gesture given his obvious nominal worth to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back