Recommitted Jesse hogan puts contracts talks on hold... [re-signed until end of 2019]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff Garlett was a bad egg and that worked out pretty well for the Dees. Fyfe snapped his leg last year as well and started 2016 off just fine. Why are you obsessed with just those 2 players?
Because they are the other 2 players of the 4 you mentioned.
Don't compare Garlett to what Bennell did.

No sh*t you didn't mention Melbournes list.
You mentioned Freo's. So in a fair argument, a very acceptable rebuttal would include the list on the opposing side which at this stage, looks a fair bit stronger than the side you're on.
Are you a fish?
Fair bit stronger, we'll see next year. You have improved but not as much as the chirpy supporters like yourself would like to think. You still lost to a team full of top up players, that says it all really. Why is Melbournes list relevent if he's looking to change teams, if he leaves Melbourne (which won't be this year) He will have 2 teams to choose between provided he moves back home. It doesn't matter where we are on the ladder, if he wants to move home he will consider a move. Judd left WC for a team that had Previously won 3 wooden spoons so it's not like it hasn't happened before.

What a ******* stupid thread this has become.
"In my hypothetical hogan has decided to leave Melbourne and go home. So don't discuss Melbourne
Based on him deciding to leave Melbourne, and him deciding to come home. He would come to us because we have good players"

Fair bit stronger, we'll see next year. You have improved but not as much as the chirpy supporters like yourself would like to think. You still lost to a team full of top up players, that says it all really. Why is Melbournes list relevent if he's looking to change teams, if he leaves Melbourne (which won't be this year) He will have 2 teams to choose between provided he moves back home. It doesn't matter where we are on the ladder, if he wants to move home he will consider a move. Judd left WC for a team that had Previously won 3 wooden spoons so it's not like it hasn't happened before.

And Freo lost to that team who lost to that team with all the top ups.
Your posts are pretty much the equivalent to blah blah blah,

And Freo lost to that team who lost to that team with all the top ups.
Your posts are pretty much the equivalent to blah blah blah,
im surprised he hasn't changed the rules of the discussion to:
Hogan has decided to leave Melbourne
Hogan has decided to go home
Hogan has decided he wants to go to freo
Hogan has signed with freo
Let's discuss if hogan would go to freo in that scenario

Sure but so far you have given up those picks for zero return. Garlett is playing AFL.
Agreed but we didn't recruit Bennell for only the 2016 season. The guy was 23 when we recruited him so he's younger and better than Garlett for a start and hasn't had the chance to play for us yet. Which means he's genuinely injured or he's gone balls up offield and Sando22 can live happily.

This whole thread is a hypothetical, get over yourself.
Yes. The hypothetical that hogan may choose to leave Melbourne
You want to put limits on the discussion, and make changes after the fact.
Your hypothetical isn't currently the case. Hogan hasn't said he's leaving Melbourne. So for the purposes of the thread, any logic on why he would choose freo, can be rebutted by logic on why he would stay at Melbourne
You don't get to dictate what the limits of the discussion are (especially if they limit reality)

But if we want to play that game:
My hypothetical is that hogan decides he likes Victoria better than Perth. But he wants an immediate flag. And doesn't care about money. Based on this hogan will be at hawthorn next year

Bit of a blur reading the last few pages.

Hogan - selling point? None is needed. If he wants to come home, that's the selling point. That's what it's all about from the get go if he decides to move.

Why not Eagles? Not sure, but all the whispers and the 60 pages of turd slinging in this thread is about Hogan and Freo. Any Eagles link is not through media sources.

Not sure why Bennell is brought into this. Any discussion here is trolling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why not Eagles? Not sure, but all the whispers and the 60 pages of turd slinging in this thread is about Hogan and Freo. Any Eagles link is not through media sources.
If a deal was to be done in 2016, Freo are better placed, given they'll have an early pick.

Not really sure how the Eagles would structure a deal for Hogan. If Gaff bails, maybe that would change.

Nah mate, I've been tagged on the main board, the Bae, and pretty much anywhere. I don't mind it to be honest, it's very rare that someone does it without a sense of humour :)
I wonder how many of those tags were accidental :p

If a deal was to be done in 2016, Freo are better placed, given they'll have an early pick.

Not really sure how the Eagles would structure a deal for Hogan. If Gaff bails, maybe that would change.

I'd prefer we go for him in 2017. I don't want to give up a pick 3 player IF Hogan wants to come home. If he's out of contract and generally wants to come home he'll cost less at that point. He'll be traded for our first and a young player.

This year would cost extra.

I'd prefer we go for him in 2017. I don't want to give up a pick 3 player IF Hogan wants to come home. If he's out of contract and generally wants to come home he'll cost less at that point. He'll be traded for our first and a young player.

What if Hogan kicks 100 goals next year, his price would go up. Remember Treloar was out of contract, Dangerfield was out of contract, Judd was out of contract, Beams was out of contract, they all went home to nominated clubs, they cost more than a first and young player.

What if Hogan kicks 100 goals next year, his price would go up. Remember Treloar was out of contract, Dangerfield was out of contract, Judd was out of contract, Beams was out of contract, they all went home to nominated clubs, they cost more than a first and young player.

What if he kicks 20 and is injured his price would go down.

Plus we'd still have missed out on our pick 3 selection that could be any bit as good as Hogan.

Well, that's why Melbourne should consider dealing 12 months early if they think Hogan won't sign a new deal.

Although, in 2017, WC might be able to table a rival offer. I guess Freo would be banking on him nominating them and ruling WC out.

What if he kicks 20 and is injured his price would go down.

Plus we'd still have missed out on our pick 3 selection that could be any bit as good as Hogan.
If he kicks 20 goals his current value is not going down, zero chance of that happening unless a leg falls off. The likelyness of pick 3 turning out to be as good as Hogan is slim, and regaurdless if you use pick 3 Melbourne will target that plsyer in trade anyway, a year of development under his belt, especially if he's a Victorian so you'd have to draft local talent which is then limiting you on who you would draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back