Traded Jesse Hogan [Traded to GWS for Pick #54]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • GWS

Votes: 12 92.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty good deal for Hogan. And Freo footing some of the bill helps to. Worth a crack to see if he can recapture the form.
has been a disaster of a move for Freo though.
Meh We took a risk and it didnt pay off. Same with Harely Bennell...

As I said in the 2018 trade Period. I was happy getting both Lobb and Hogan.

But Lobb was a better pick up than hogan looking back now. Lobb can play ruck and Forward. Lobb doesnt do any stupid things off field as well.

Disappointed it didnt work out in the end For freo.

Saying that...... I would be very suprised this set back freo for 5-10 years. The dockers playing squad is reasonably good.

Meh We took a risk and it didnt pay off. Same with Harely Bennell...

As I said in the 2018 trade Period. I was happy getting both Lobb and Hogan.

But Lobb was a better pick up than hogan looking back now. Lobb can play ruck and Forward. Lobb doesnt do any stupid things off field as well.

Saying that...... I would be very suprised this set back freo for 5-10 years. The dockers playing squad is reasonably good.
It's not gonna set us back at all despite people calling this a disaster move. Hogan didn't improve the team or make a big difference, so I highly doubt it's going to effect anything going forward.

It's funny how it works out, that pick 6 that Freo traded out eventually made its way to the Suns for Ben King.

It's funny how it works out, that pick 6 that Freo traded out eventually made its way to the Suns for Ben King.
The question is, had Freo Kept pick 6, would they still of got Ben King?

I dont know. Probably get someone like a Mid such as Jackson Hately.

That's what I've always wondered, who's to say Ben King would be available at 6 in that hypothetical scenario, who's to say we would have even picked him?

That's what I've always wondered, who's to say Ben King would be available at 6 in that hypothetical scenario, who's to say we would have even picked him?
It was either him or Bailey Smith. Every man and his dog knew who the best 7 prospects were and it played out exactly like everybody said.

It's also hard to argue that we don't take the KPF option available given we wouldn't have had Hogan in that scenario.

If it makes you feel better, cheer on B.King to become a potato because that's the only way this isn't completely dire.

I would say 100% yes and it would have been a no brainer

The fact that #6 was used on a KPF would indicate that without Hogan the need for a tall would have been even more , Hately was always a later pick and would not have been selected

Peter Bell - “Being a new general manger of football on day three, it would be a feather in my cap if Lachie Neale stayed, so that’s what we’re working towards.”

It would be a feather in my crappa if we traded pick 6 and 23 for Jesse Hogan + pick 65 only to trade him for pick 54.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Career Stats:

Daniher (27 in March) 108 games – 191 goals, 144 behinds, 5.83 marks per game, 12.54 disposals per game, 239 hitouts, 136 tackles, 137 frees for & 167 frees against, 332 clangers.

Hogan (26 in February) 90 games – 170 goals, 95 behinds, 6.31 marks per game, 14.73 disposals per game, 16 hitouts, 124 tackles, 92 frees for & 42 frees against, 174 clangers.

Can't argue with this.
It greatly surpasses other legendary trades that didn't work out in the long-term such as Bennell and McCarthy or those that had short-lived benefits like Croad and J.Carr before returning to where they came from.
Freo sure do have an unfortunate talent for botching a trade
Josh Carr and Port screwed us in 2008.

I still remembered that one. Trade week he was over seas as Freo were at least trying to get a 3rd or 4th rounder from Port.

Shipped off for a very late pick.
Youre the type of fella that says "see you next year" on new years eve.

Or buys free range eggs because it makes you feel like a better human.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shipped off for a very late pick.
Youre the type of fella that says "see you next year" on new years eve.

Or buys free range eggs because it makes you feel like a better human.
Just interesting in hindsight how it worked out, don't know why you have bristled so much?

To be fair my mob have made some absolutely horrendous trades in hindsight as well.

Last edited:
Just interesting in hindsight how it worked out, don't know why you have bristled so much?
Could turn out even worse if Ben King request to trade back to Victoria. Never trust pick 6 in AFL draft.

To be fair, Freo fans have a right to feel a little bruised over the Hogan fiasco.

With the benifit of hindsight, you can now see why the Dees were so keen to help him on his way back to WA.

I can't get over his lawyers statement about the isolation breach being down to good looking young rooster thats been locked up for 6 months just needed a root. Must make the lovely young lady feel special...

Could turn out even worse if Ben King request to trade back to Victoria. Never trust pick 6 in AFL draft.
It would be the ultimate if he landed back at the Dees...

To be fair, Freo fans have a right to feel a little bruised over the Hogan fiasco.

With the benifit of hindsight, you can now see why the Dees were so keen to help him on his way back to WA.

I can't get over his lawyers statement about the isolation breach being down to good looking young rooster thats been locked up for 6 months just needed a root. Must make the lovely young lady feel special...
That's a fair call there. Happy to cop that.

To be fair my mob have made some absolutely horrendous trades in hindsight as well.
Sorry, definately an overreaction. It was likely the 10th time I've read a similar post, but highly unlikely you have read most of the thread since it isn't about your club.

Trade week brings out the worst in people sometimes😂

Win some, lose some.

Freo are tracking OK and won't miss him at all. Sends a great message to the squad that nobody is above the team.

If trading your future away to get one week further in the season then Freo is your jam then kudos to you my friend.

Time will tell if we “traded our future away” - I’m confident we won’t be offloading Kelly for pick 54 anytime soon at least.

I think moving Hogan on was the right call. I just found it amusing that a Fremantle supporter would use finals performance as the criteria of a successful trade (Genuine question*: have you guys ever had a successful trade on that criteria?)

* actually mostly just taking the piss but I am also curious to know the answer.

If trading your future away to get one week further in the season then Freo is your jam then kudos to you my friend.
We traded in Geelongs best player for our future, it’s not like we traded out a future Brownlow medallist for pick 54 or anything

Back