Traded Jesse Hogan [traded with #65 to Fremantle for #6 and #23]

Remove this Banner Ad

I could ask the same of you giving a vfl ruckman 4 years.

There, there.

We all haven't got stars like Daw to fall back on if our first ruck goes down.

Best of luck with Clangers Dom. :thumbsu:

Questions are being asked... like why would any club want Dom Tyson?

I dunno, why did he play most of the year for you including 3 finals?

Similar value to Beams to Brisbane without the Crisp steak knives.

Similar value to a lot of big names.

I'm happy enough. Would've preferred 10 and 12 and on traded 10 for May but that's for a different thread.

After his first year something changed with Jesse. Might've been his dads health. Might've been burn out or fatigue. But he went from looking like a star with swagger and launching at the ball to not being nearly as confident and dominant.

I wouldn't worry about the foot, it will be fine. Or the off field stuff, that's mostly rubbish. He has to get his mind happy but that's true of any player.

If I were Freo I'd just try to get him to play with confidence and to be a star. Ross Lyon will help. Roos and Goodwin both cuddled him and sugar coated his performance. This guy is a horse and needs to be ridden.

Family, friends, surfing will help. Then a big kick along to be the player he can be. Get him jumping for marks and taking defenders on. And get him running up and back at CHF instead of sitting inside 50 where he's a poor lead.

I dunno, why did he play most of the year for you including 3 finals?

Cause Goodwin is clueless?

He's an absolute turnover machine by foot. My advice would be get him hand balling everything ASAP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne’s mistake was day 1 of trade week announcing that they needed to get rid of Hogan to get May.

Why? Day “fu.cking” 1.

You say nothing. You say Hogan is a required player and is contracted, not up for trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melbourne’s mistake was day 1 of trade week announcing that they needed to get rid of Hogan to get May.

Why? Day “fu.cking” 1.

You say nothing. You say Hogan is a required player and is contracted, not up for trade.

I agree with this and it's not just this year, take a look back over the last couple of years and it's been a similar story

Why? Day “fu.cking” 1.

Why was it a mistake? We ultimately got what we wanted.

On the face of it Dees were screwed. That’s as I rate Hogan as a player who could be the best key forward in a couple of years. However bringing May in is vital to the club. Also if Kolodjashnij can get back into it we could have done very well.
Seems club didn’t have a great deal of choice in regards to keeping Hogan given his request to go back and his personal struggles.
I think Mahoney is very pragmatic at the trade table and just wants to get things done. And he’s filled a need with May and as I said if Kolodjashnij comes on that’s another need with his run and skill.

Why was it a mistake? We ultimately got what we wanted.

You would’ve gotten pick 5&6, 6 for May&KK and 5 to take to the draft.

We have no list manager, Lyon is trying to save his job, our 2nd best player wanted out. Been s**t for 3 years and have a new stadium that needs new members to fill out. Think of the bad PR for Freo losing Neale and not getting Hogan. Members disgruntled. Perfect timing to take Freo to the cleaners.

You would’ve gotten pick 5&6, 6 for May&KK and 5 to take to the draft.

We have no list manager, Lyon is trying to save his job, our 2nd best player wanted out. Been s**t for 3 years and have a new stadium that needs new members to fill out. Think of the bad PR for Freo losing Neale and not getting Hogan. Members disgruntled. Perfect timing to take Freo to the cleaners.
Lol, there was never a chance of Freo offering 5&6.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back