Confirmed Jesse Hogan [traded with #65 to Fremantle for #6 and #23]

Joao

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Are we really still arguing? Jesse will be a gun for the next 8 years or so at freo, we got May which makes our defense 10 times better. I think both clubs will benefit from this trade.

I look forward to watching Jesse's progress over the next few years.
If you blokes are only conceding 8-9 ppg you'll be hard to beat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

markm106

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Are we really still arguing? Jesse will be a gun for the next 8 years or so at freo, we got May which makes our defense 10 times better. I think both clubs will benefit from this trade.

I look forward to watching Jesse's progress over the next few years.
Agree. The arguments are pretty useless now. I think most agree that Melbourne got unders. However Mahoney was quiet chuffed with getting May. Most Melbourne supporters also happy with the May addition.

CWaffles

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
If you blokes are only conceding 8-9 ppg you'll be hard to beat.
Thats the plan, may have been a slight exaggeration.

Although us securing May has made this more bearable for Dees supporters.

You have a young gun KPF who with your young mids improving next year will make you a much better side, the tide wont turn overnight but you definitely have the beginings of a great team!

Good luck in 2019

The Joker

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
He made a public statement that they were out for Hogan on Friday, when they really didn’t have to say a thing. Made the club and himself look amateurish. He flip flopped publicly and everyone saw through it.

He had the assets in a top 7 pick (which is rolled gold this year) and Neale to pick up Hogan and Lobb without playing games.

They gave up a star in Neale and a future star for pick 14 who should be decent, Lobb (who should be ok as long as he play forward but won’t get any better at 26) and Hogan who is a gun and will be your best pickup in decades if his mind is in it and his navicular isn’t as serious as what people are saying.
The best trading they have done in a long time, but that’s not setting the bar high.
And you are basing this on, your tea leaves?

sherrif

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
No doubt he got the players he was after. He had the assets to trade and he traded with them. He was always going to but his comments last Friday were bizzare. Would have got Lobb and Hogan without playing the fool. But kudos to him, he did and got them anyway.
Give it a rest. Just because you cant comprehend basic elements of player trading doesnt make his comments bizzare. What happened was no different to what happened with Geelong's comments on Tim Kelly or what Adelaide said with McGovern or what essendon said with Shiel. In all of those cases footy managers publicaly stated their trade positions and funnily enough all of the players where trade negotiations that involved contracted players. Its pretty obvious that when a team has an option of not trading the player involved getting to a middle point where both teams are happy (so a trade happens) involves a lot of give and take.

Rich01 you are the only one who finds Bell's behaviour strange and its clearly because your total football knowledge wouldnt fit on a postage stamp.

Last edited:

raffrox

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Agree. The arguments are pretty useless now. I think most agree that Melbourne got unders. However Mahoney was quiet chuffed with getting May. Most Melbourne supporters also happy with the May addition.
Ultimately no one critises a successful team and you guys have a chance at some success ahead.

I'm just glad we'll be easier to watch this season with a decent forward line.

tonygeeks

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
It will take a long time for me to forgive the Demons for their effort in the prelim , I mean seriously WTF was that all about and it's us who have to suffer for it as those campaigners go on and on and on about how ****ing amazing they are but I'm willing to bury the hatchet now after helping us out with a KPF finally coming our way on the provisos that you don't roll over for those ****ing bin chickens like that ever again

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

markm106

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
“Having other things on my mind probably started to affect my performance and my general wellbeing to the point where I started to venture into what might be best for me on and off the field.”

Interesting comment from Hogan. Especially venturing into things off the field.

eastfreo75

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
“Having other things on my mind probably started to affect my performance and my general wellbeing to the point where I started to venture into what might be best for me on and off the field.”

Interesting comment from Hogan. Especially venturing into things off the field.
That maybe the reason we became less likely to offer more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jibroni

All Australian
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool, AC Milan, North Adelaide
It will take a long time for me to forgive the Demons for their effort in the prelim , I mean seriously WTF was that all about and it's us who have to suffer for it as those campaigners go on and on and on about how ****ing amazing they are but I'm willing to bury the hatchet now after helping us out with a KPF finally coming our way on the provisos that you don't roll over for those ****ing bin chickens like that ever again

We’re still developing, unfortunately we were ripe for the taking on the day.

Life goes on.

peppy la pew

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The Cobblers who do the Cobbling

Liked, unliked then liked again

Because I cant give you 2 likes for " F****ing bin chickens " :D:thumbsu:

schmuttt

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United

Feeling is mutual when you put every shot on goal into row Z in the 2013 GF....

edit - AND ******* SHERIDAN IN THE 2015 PF

tonygeeks

Club Legend
AFL Club
Fremantle
Feeling is mutual when you put every shot on goal into row Z in the 2013 GF....

edit - AND ******* SHERIDAN IN THE 2015 PF
Bah , you Vicco's have great rivalries .... historic and intense but there are so many teams to share the hatred around it gets a little diluted.

You are kidding yourself if you think your pain compares to being held down and turkey slapped by a giant eagle cock dipped in blue and gold premiership edition glitter every day since the granny

Andy_Mac

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
False alarm.

I used to act out this this, but had a very successful C grade ametuers career up until the age of around 22.

He’ll be fine.
Me too, but I wasn’t subject to ASADA testing.

I’m sure he’ll be fine, he’s like any other 20 something bloke living the dream. His only issue will be he’s paid near on a million bucks per annum to play professional sports, and that comes with significant strings.

I’m glad he’s not our problem.

Topkent

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
My god some Melbourne fans are absolutely PATHETIC.

Spent five years trying to tell everyone Hogan was the second coming, and now this shit.

I hope he tears the arsehole out of your pissy little club the first chance he gets.
Lmao. This was posted by freo supporters on their own board well before Melbourne supported knew about it lol.

Merry Christmas

Top Bottom