Traded Jesse Hogan [traded with #65 to Fremantle for #6 and #23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne’s mistake was day 1 of trade week announcing that they needed to get rid of Hogan to get May.

Why? Day “fu.cking” 1.

You say nothing. You say Hogan is a required player and is contracted, not up for trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't disagree that Melbourne might've manipulated this better from a media point of view but were Freo ever giving up 5 and 6 for a guy with a broken foot and only 1 year left to run on his contract? That would be stupid.

Not to mention to secure May we had to offer him a long term deal and his manager is the same company as Hogan's.

Everyone knew Melbourne had to get pick 6 to get May.

When Freo over played their hand it was shut down and in the end they came crawling back with a reasonable offer. The best Melbourne could've done was pick 6 and pick in the late teens.

Melbourne's philosophy seems to be that haggling isn't worth the effort. I don't agree with that. But they do keep the media happy, keep the teams happy and most importantly keep player managers happy. Not entirely sure what the value of that is but I know player managers are getting more and more powerful so it sure can't hurt.

Looks like Freo and Melbourne both got good deals. Thankyou for a funny week everyone. Goodnight and God bless.
94-BAAE84-659-A-4076-AA22-B97-F7-F877-C1-F.gif

It isn't like Freo is known for getting the best out of injury prone players, but if they can keep Hogan on the park they probably win this trade I think.

It isn't like Freo is known for getting the best out of injury prone players, but if they can keep Hogan on the park they probably win this trade I think.
Agree. Unless we win a flag with May and they don’t with Hogan. Ultimately we got what we wanted out of trade period. That’s in terms of pretty much having to trade Hogan with his request.

Bargain basement price for a 23 year old, gun KPF forward on exposed form. Personally, think Melbourne played the whole saga terribly by shopping him and conversely, Bell and Freo have played it to perfection. As always time will tell, but at this stage Fremantle considerable winners from this trade.

Bargain basement price for a 23 year old, gun KPF forward on exposed form. Personally, think Melbourne played the whole saga terribly by shopping him and conversely, Bell and Freo have played it to perfection. As always time will tell, but at this stage Fremantle considerable winners from this trade.
Shopping him?? He asked for a trade home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most Melbourne and Freo fans all saying it’s a pretty fair trade for both.
Only ones saying Melbourne got shafted are opposition fans.
Take from that what you will...

Most Melbourne and Freo fans all saying it’s a pretty fair trade for both.
Only ones saying Melbourne got shafted are opposition fans.
Take from that what you will...
People always underrate defenders. Luke McPharlin was as important to our GF team as Pav up forward. A big part of why we fell off a cliff in 2016 was McPharlin retired and wasn't adequately replaced.

Likewise he didn't make it the finals series in 2014 or 15 and we didn't make it the GF again despite crushing the comp both years.

People always underrate defenders. Luke McPharlin was as important to our GF team as Pav up forward. A big part of why we fell off a cliff in 2016 was McPharlin retired and wasn't adequately replaced.

Likewise he didn't make it the finals series in 2014 or 15 and we didn't make it the GF again despite crushing the comp both years.

Couldn't agree more. Forwards will always be fan favs at the end of the day, they bring the crowds through the gates. Kids dont their fav defenders number on the back of their jumpers growing up, they have their fav forward or midfielder.

While Hogan is easily the bigger/sexier name for the reasons mentioned above people dismissing May and what he brings to a team like Melbourne with below average KPD stocks dont know what they are talking about honestly.

That's not say i think May is better than Hogan or vice versa. They are two different players playing in two different positions. They will both be extremely valuable players to their respective sides next year and beyond.

Freo have smashed this trade period.

Questions need to be asked at Melbourne

What questions bud? He hadnt committed and was clearly obvious he was going to leave next year. Its not exactly like we had 10 clubs to deal with. If the word on the grapevine is true regarding his “injury”, he goes with my blessing and a boot up the arse too

Couldn't agree more. Forwards will always be fan favs at the end of the day, they bring the crowds through the gates. Kids dont their fav defenders number on the back of their jumpers growing up, they have their fav forward or midfielder.
Well, most normal kids. My favourite players as a kid were Roger Hayden and Dion Woods. To be fair before Ross our backlines were very Neesham style, full of flair players who ran the ball.

Well, most normal kids. My favourite players as a kid were Roger Hayden and Dion Woods. To be fair before Ross our backlines were very Neesham style, full of flair players who ran the ball.

What a weird kid you were mate :p (#13 Jakovich and #5 Schwarz for me growing up)

Took me til my mid 20's to warm to defenders. Nev4ever nowadays tho. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back