Autopsy Jesse Hogan - Worth 220 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
I guess what the OP said on this was that if Ryan was treated in the media the same way as Jesse or Shane Yarren was, would he be where he is now. It isn’t an isolated incident as far as domestic violence (a family member is in the right profession to know) but wouldn’t it be wonderful if we had the magical power to sweep this sh*t under the carpet like other organisations can.

The opposite should be the preference and every incident is reported as it is and without bias. You know, the truth. No more fake news or things swept under the carpet. That’d be great but sadly unrealistic.

Bicco

Premiership Player
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
Put it this way. October 9 2018 it was reported that Liam Ryan had in June, been up all night boozing, got into it with his (now) wife with some indications of a domestic dispute, got into his car at 6am, drove with an alcohol reading of .139, slammed into a tree and initially fled the scene. Just six days later police were called to a house he was staying at in Kalbarri at 3.20am where he was issued with a 72 hr police order and his (now) wife interviewed at the scene.

What was made of this?

“He knows he’s made a bit of a blue, which he has to deal with and we’ll help him out" Jeremy McGovern

Now, think about this. Replace the word "Liam Ryan" with "Jesse Hogan" and tell me the reaction to the story, and coverage, would have been the same.
At what point will Jesse's behaviour concern you? The next indiscretion? The one after or never?

Piggy Smalls

Club Legend
Nov 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
No one's making excuses - they're using a balanced judgment on the indiscretion as opposed to just going off the deep end because you know.. Jesse.
It’s fairly obvious that those defending him are looking at this in isolation and those of us being critical are basing our assessments on the cumulative effect of numerous incidents.
I agree the quarantine breach is minor but I maintain that the pattern of behaviour is concerning.
Maybe we should just all agree to disagree and wait and see how this thread evolves over the summer. I really hope Jesse proves me wrong because I do want him to succeed. I’m pretty sure everyone here does.

dont bowl there

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
It’s fairly obvious that those defending him are looking at this in isolation and those of us being critical are basing our assessments on the cumulative effect of numerous incidents.
I agree the quarantine breach is minor but I maintain that the pattern of behaviour is concerning.
Maybe we should just all agree to disagree and wait and see how this thread evolves over the summer. I really hope Jesse proves me wrong because I do want him to succeed. I’m pretty sure everyone here does.
Sometimes the incident is so minor it deserves to be viewed in isolation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
They shouldn’t but they probably will because people have been outraged. It’s like doing 65 in a 60 zone, but less dangerous.

The club were the first to be outraged. They released the press release saying how disappointed and frustrated they are about his actions. They understand.

WilloTree

Premiership Player
Sep 16, 2015
Inside 50
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Because he’s let the team down. The AFL doesn’t decide our culture or tell us how we manage our brand.
Oh, I understand Jesse will have to face the music.

My concern all along has been the way this has played out and the level of vitriol directed at an individual who is one of our own, and who probably could do with cool heads around him right now. We just aren't getting that at the moment. What we're getting is a level of outrage disproportionate to the indiscretion. I hope the club remains calm, firm but fair.

Anyway, I've more that said my peace and apologies for the long-winded responses. I can't help but think I'm now becoming part of the problem by adding fuel to the fire, so I'll step off here.

Cheers for the convo all.

Lach72

Bam!
Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU

My concern all along has been the way this has played out and the level of vitriol directed at an individual who is one of our own, and who probably could do with cool heads around him right now. We just aren't getting that at the moment. What we're getting is a level of outrage disproportionate to the indiscretion. I hope the club remains calm, firm but fair.

Anyway, I've more that said my peace and apologies for the long-winded responses. I can't help but think I'm now becoming part of the problem by adding fuel to the fire, so I'll step off here.

agree with you.

id be happy if it’s little to no punishment tbh...it’s so minor a thing as to be negligible.
his girlfriend visited...other players live with theirs. 15 minutes a day..like that is being observed.
They then move into the community...it’s horse sh*t tbh

Dockeroo

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle

Eagles losing tonight is good for Jesse as it will take the heat off him over the next few days

Johnny Dalmas

Club Legend
Oct 16, 2015
Albany
AFL Club
Fremantle
This place is full of holier than thou finger pointers.
Jesse kicks a bit of leather around for a living, he doesn't have to be a saint.
If he doesn't do the job he was employed for he will be replaced.
Who wants him to be a saint?
All he has to do is follow the law and do what his employer tells him to do. That's all.

Remove this Banner Ad