Autopsy Jesse Hogan - Worth 220 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

C'mon how much fun would it be to be going "I think he is going"... "I think he is staying"... "He's definitely going, Garlick was rubbing his chin when talking about him"... "Peter Bell is wearing a feather today, he's staying"... for the next couple of weeks?

Post needs more Coco & Boho hat.

I can't quite wrap my head around the fact that people think a player shouldn't get drunk at an end of year medal count. Is that not a prime example of where it is probably OK?

As a founding member, fan and customer of this club I can say that I have no absolutely no expectation that a player should be required to be sober throughout one of these dull, post season functions.

Saturday morning kids clinic :heavymultiply:
Friday night before a game :heavymultiply:
Post season function with all your mates at a licensed venue :heavycheck:

Sitting through one of these things sober would be like surgery without anaesthetic.

Of course , the asked to leave by the club bit is a concern though if it’s true but it sounds like shock jock crap too me

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I can't quite wrap my head around the fact that people think a player shouldn't get drunk at an end of year medal count. Is that not a prime example of where it is probably OK?

As a founding member, fan and customer of this club I can say that I have no absolutely no expectation that a player should be required to be sober throughout one of these dull, post season functions.

Saturday morning kids clinic :heavymultiply:
Friday night before a game :heavymultiply:
Post season function with all your mates at a licensed venue :heavycheck:

Sitting through one of these things sober would be like surgery without anaesthetic.
Sure, but then if you're in line for an award, the question becomes "how" drunk you can get.
Not that Hogan was likely to win anything, but they'd have to keep it universal, couldn't say "Ok mate, you can drink but Fyfe can't. Ryan can only have a couple, Schultzy have as many as you like".
The club wouldn't want anyone staggering up to the stage and rambling and slurring the acceptance speech either. Boring it may be, but making a YouTube-inspiring farce (Johnny Depp at the 2014 18th Hollywood film awards style) of it wouldn't be all that great either, from a club point of view.

Free reign and open bar once the ceremonies are out of the way, within reason.
I'm not buying into anything, just talking generally.

Last edited:

He gets drunk AFTER the season ends. I better go out amongst Leedy and take photos of Nicnat and co being wasted. Happens nearly every second week. Gee. A footballer having a drink in the off season. Who cares

He gets drunk AFTER the season ends. I better go out amongst Leedy and take photos of Nicnat and co being wasted. Happens nearly every second week. Gee. A footballer having a drink in the off season. Who cares
Yep can confirm I've seen Nic alongside guys like Jarrod Cameron out on the piss on weekends during off season

No mention on ABC so far on Hogan by Duffield who was at the Freo best and fairest. L Ryan on shortly, so if Duff has a story on this it should come out soon or perhaps it was just an overblown Accusation.
Starting to smell this story. It can't end well. Either
1. Hogan was asked to leave, which isn't good.
2. Brad Hardie was informed Hogan was asked to leave - didn't check or verify the story and ran with it, which is poor journalism.
3. Brad Hardie made up the story. Which is reprehensible.

IF it’s true... Getting kicked out of a club function for being too pi$$ed when you’re literally fighting for your spot due to this kind of behaviour would be another example of poor inhibition control. It’s not the annual Xmas party, it’s the most important night of the season from a corporate point of view. But I’m not convinced the story isn’t a total beat up to be honest.
Jon Ralph on the Fox pre game reckons he is goneski as there is a bit of interest. Not sure how reliable he is?

IF it’s true... Getting kicked out of a club function for being too pi$$ed when you’re literally fighting for your spot due to this kind of behaviour would be another example of poor inhibition control. It’s not the annual Xmas party, it’s the most important night of the season from a corporate point of view. But I’m not convinced the story isn’t a total beat up to be honest.
Jon Ralph on the Fox pre game reckons he is goneski as there is a bit of interest. Not sure how reliable he is?

Did he say Melbourne are talking to him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reckon Hogan is gone, but Jon Ralph is as reliable as Ralph from the Simpsons

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Starting to smell this story. It can't end well. Either
1. Hogan was asked to leave, which isn't good.
2. Brad Hardie was informed Hogan was asked to leave - didn't check or verify the story and ran with it, which is poor journalism.
3. Brad Hardie made up the story. Which is reprehensible.

all I can say is that there was no mention by Duffield and co which would be strange if this was as bad as Hardie made out.

Ralph is currently at number one in my rolling power rankings of the biggest w***ers in AFL journalism. Fighting off some stiff competition too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. Mind boggling if he went back. Would be a sell high buy low bonanza of bigger proportions than Croad. Seems pretty unlikely, I think Ralph went as far as ruling it out.

Dees have ruled out recruiting him, if that’s not a red flag to every other club then I’m not sure what is.

wouldn’t trust Ralph when it comes to stuff about us, personally believe what Daniels and Duffield have to say over him (can’t remember any leaks of ours to the HS either)

IF it’s true... Getting kicked out of a club function for being too pi$$ed when you’re literally fighting for your spot due to this kind of behaviour would be another example of poor inhibition control.
Jon Ralph on the Fox pre game reckons he is goneski as there is a bit of interest. Not sure how reliable he is ?

It’s actually genius from Hogan if he wants to stay. Gets pissed. Behavioural problems. No club will touch him. Stays another year and earns his contract extension.

So if its against a persons argument the line is that we really don't know what's going with Jesse and it's all hearsay. On the flip side if it's in support of someone's argument then inferences made are seen as Bell flexing and Bells ego. All guesswork on both sides imo.

I guess it's whether we trust the people making the decisions (ie. JLo, Bell, Garlick etc...) to make the right decisions or we don't.

That's the main factor here imo.

The last 12 months has been very good from my perspective but it's unlikely there won't be mistakes made at some stage. The good clubs make less mistakes though. Some here also seem ready and waiting for Bell to trip.

I just hope the right call on Jesse is made and I do trust the current decision makers a lot more than I trusted the previous mob.

No photos of walters either for what its worth.

Very strange that he didn’t appear in any of the photos and didn’t post any considering how active he is on Instagram.

He was there though because there were photos of his wife there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back