Jesse hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

He's an absolute gun.

All four players taken in the mini drafts look great and I wonder if other clubs didn't push hard enough to get involved with it. We had to give pick 3 to secure Hogan but that's looking worth it, easily. And I think the Gold Coast and the Crows paid even less for O'Meara, Martin and Crouch.

He's an absolute gun.

All four players taken in the mini drafts look great and I wonder if other clubs didn't push hard enough to get involved with it. We had to give pick 3 to secure Hogan but that's looking worth it, easily. And I think the Gold Coast and the Crows paid even less for O'Meara, Martin and Crouch.
Tom Scully turned into Hogan, Dawes and Dom Barry

4th game. I have never seen a kid KPF forward look so comfortable.

Here's a question. Bont vs Hogan, who would you rather

I would pick Hogan, but only because we desperately need a KPF (and we already have him)

But the reality is Bonts is an awesome player and I would be thrilled to also have him.

So yeah, bias has shaped my decision, either is good.

He looks great. The entire mini draft was a joke though. Melbourne happily gave up picks knowing they'd suck for another year without help coming in and get another great pick as well as getting Hogan.
Whereas using pick 3 (Lachlan Plowman, though more likely Oliver Wines) would have made a difference to our ineptitude?

We went 2-20 in 2013, the worst side in the league by far but for the Giants.

Why are melbourne going on about boyd contract. Rumors are hogans on $500,000 and would demand more then a million in the future to stay at the demons

Slightly diverting the topic, and I know the Eagles and Dockers have no more "right" to WA kids than anyone else under the current draft system, but geez, the WA clubs got royally reamed in terms of access to local talent through the new franchise's draft concessions and mini-drafts, didn't they?

I wonder how many will feel the "go home factor" over the next 4-5 years...

Hogan is a quality kid though. Leading Melbourne's goalkicking, leading the league in contested marks, and already has a VFL B&F to his name.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umm... You've obviously missed the 4 games he's played? You may have also missed the VFL B&F playing only 15 games as a 17yo?

If Boyd is worth a $1M Hogans worth is greater than the cumulative GPD of all pacific nations
Not denying he's a young gun but Michael Quinn has a VFL B&F. Lets not carry on like their hard to win.

Not denying he's a young gun but Michael Quinn has a VFL B&F. Lets not carry on like their hard to win.

He did it when he was 18, he was the youngest player in the team, and he played only 13 games (another 2 he played he was injured and off by quarter time).

How many do that at 195cm in their first year on their way to 39 goals ?

This kid is the exact player demons fans have been waiting for. Leading the competition in contested marks and made a mockery of the comditions tonight. The demons have finally unearthed a young player that is clearly going to be a superstar in this game.

Well done melbourne, you have your starting point ,now build a team around him
Yeah until he gets jack watts'd

He did it when he was 18, he was the youngest player in the team, and he played only 13 games (another 2 he played he was injured and off by quarter time).

How many do that at 195cm in their first year on their way to 39 goals ?
Michael Quinn was from Ireland, didn't grow up playing the game and couldn't kick a goal from the goal square in the AFL.

So yeah well done on the B&F. Means jack s**t though.

We were always going to take Jack Martin but I agree with you. At the time I was hoping against hope we'd somehow snag Hogan. Tom Lynch and Jesse Hogan in the same forward line, two contested marking beasts - ohh what could have been. Damn you Scott Clayton!!

Clayton & Eade. Hope you guys love prelim finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back