Trav 20

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Idiots get ignored
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Dees
Michael Quinn was from Ireland, didn't grow up playing the game and couldn't kick a goal from the goal square in the AFL.

So yeah well done on the B&F. Means jack s**t though.

It didn't to anyone with remotely astute eyes, who had an understanding of what they were seeing unfold before them.

Last edited:

Oct 9, 2009
CR0
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
No need for a Rising Star thread this weekend. Hogan has it sewn up. :D

Fantastic game against one of the best KPBs in the league. That mark and goal in the fourth was brilliant

e631tcP.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

incubi

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2005
Northcote
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Six months age difference, gotta love these types of posts
And a whole extra year on an afl list, a much longer time with his team and gameplan...i'd say they are all fairly relevant, especially seeing that just two weeks ago Boyd kicked 3 goals, had 14 touches and 6 marks against the hawks.
But ultimately the issue is why is everyone obsessed with comparing young players? they are very different players and both have plenty of time to improve

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
And a whole extra year on an afl list, a much longer time with his team and gameplan...i'd say they are all fairly relevant, especially seeing that just two weeks ago Boyd kicked 3 goals, had 14 touches and 6 marks against the hawks.
But ultimately the issue is why is everyone obsessed with comparing young players? they are very different players and both have plenty of time to improve

You're doing a pretty good job trying to compare the two so why don't you tell us why people have an obsession with it.

Here's another one for you, Boyd didn't miss the whole of last year because of injury.

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Why does Lethal hate Boyd?

Anyone catch last Friday night when they were comparing the 2 and Leigh quickly jumped in with "He's better than Boyd" Why does he dislike Boyd so much?

It's really strange because normally he hates anything that has to do with Melbourne. Personally I think he's just going senile, I wouldn't take notice of anything he says. Boyd will be a great player

incubi

Club Legend
Mar 21, 2005
Northcote
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You're doing a pretty good job trying to compare the two so why don't you tell us why people have an obsession with it.

Here's another one for you, Boyd didn't miss the whole of last year because of injury.
I was trying to show that comparisons are ridiculous, you have a tiny sample size and a lot of variables....when your comparing based on a handful of inconsistent games it never works.

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
Why does Lethal hate Boyd?

Anyone catch last Friday night when they were comparing the 2 and Leigh quickly jumped in with "He's better than Boyd" Why does he dislike Boyd so much?

Is there any other history? It seems a bit of a stretch to say that he hates Boyd based solely on that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back