Jesse hogan

Oct 9, 2009
CR0
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Yes , I'm so worried we won't be able to fit him in with all our multiple AAs and brownlow medalists we have to pay

Don't worry too much...if there's ever even a sniff of him leaving D. Schwarz will do something to get his signature.

Never heard a bigger mancrush in a bloke's voice than on the radio this evening.

<With good reason I might add...>

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Don't worry too much...if there's ever even a sniff of him leaving D. Schwarz will do something to get his signature.

Never heard a bigger mancrush in a bloke's voice than on the radio this evening.

<With good reason I might add...>

Pure sarcasm mate, we haven't had a potential superstar since flower or even barassi

We will pay him as much as anyone else could/would

If he ends up deciding to go it will be out of our control

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I'm with ya...twas just being a smartarse myself...except about Schwarz...

I could hear the love in his voice, pretty sure he's carrying Jesse's bag to games.

So is every dees supporter, after what we have been through that kid is like Jesus walking out of the bloody cave after he took 4 days off

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Demon fans now shitting bricks due to Colin Sylvia's retirement.

The Get Hogan war chest just got that little bit bigger...

Roos has already said we'll go into 2018 with a 30 player list to ensure we can pay Hogan $5m a year. He basically said it's worth it on balance to have Hogan compared to the spuds making up our bottom 10. We'll probably just play a 1 man forward line too on our way to premiership glory.

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
I'm with ya...twas just being a smartarse myself...except about Schwarz...

I could hear the love in his voice, pretty sure he's carrying Jesse's bag to games.
Ox has one handle on Jesse's bag, Wayne Carey has the other.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I don't see why Melbourne fans are worried due to Sylvia retiring. His contract was up before Hogan's so what's the point of that argument?
Also Melbourne will be throwing heaps of coin Hogan's way. Will he have the urge to go home? WA clubs haven't been successful of late recruiting interstate players.
Also if he decides to leave after 2017 what will clubs be prepared to give up? Will West Coast or Freo have suitable compensation?
Anyhow he seems pretty happy at Melbourne and I haven't seen a forward this young look so good for a while. Has absolute star written all over him. Knows it I think but certainly doesn't have a big head. Just swagger.

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Absolute star. I predict Chris Dawes will be at his third club in a few years.
Maybe, but unfortunately we don't have 2 Hogan's. Not a lot of other key forward talent coming through and we don't have a perfect fix for the 2nd ruck job. I mean we did but....

Dawes is already getting some benefit from the 2nd key defender and if he's the highest paid as well as the biggest and strongest defensive forward in the game then so be it I guess.

Demonated

All Australian
Aug 16, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
It'll always happen.

There's a thread on the Saints board called "Developing Paddy" that has the Boyd contract brought up after the weekend. The poster said McCartin could become a 40 goal a year forward from next year without the $1m price tag.

The Boyd contract has nothing to do with McCartin whatsoever, unless you believe they jumped early and picked a key forward with pick one instead of being forced to buy one later. As an aside it was a stupid remark anyway, McCartin hasn't kicked a goal yet, let alone looked like a 40 goal forward. He looks like a kid severely out of his depth.
Yea the constant comparisons and sniping is ridiculous but then you go and say McCartin looks completely out of his depth after 2 games. Boyd after 2 games had a 5 possessions 0 goal game and a 2 possessions 0 goal game. He was also completely out of his depth. A player can't be judged after 2 games.

Yea the constant comparisons and sniping is ridiculous but then you go and say McCartin looks completely out of his depth after 2 games. Boyd after 2 games had a 5 possessions 0 goal game and a 2 possessions 0 goal game. He was also completely out of his depth. A player can't be judged after 2 games.

Two contradictory statements. You can say a player looks out of his depth in two games, it's factual. Does it mean they always will be? no.

wowlace

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 15, 2010
Kewarra Beach
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Washington Wizards
I'm going to enjoy Hogan whilst he is here. Be that the next 2 years or 12. Melbourne loves him, he will learn to love Melbourne.

It's nice to have a bonafide gun in the making on our list. It's like when we had Jurrah, only better.

Or Maxy Gawn

I don't completely rule out any ruckman until they're about 25. Jamar took nearly a decade to come on, as did Darren Jolly.

Ruckmen are and should be handled as a different beast than other players.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Both Spencer and Gawn will get a second wind if they drop the sub and cap the interchange even lower, you could afford to have a Ruck resting on the bench

Sep 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
It is he colour of royalty. He doesn't call himself The Prince, does he?
Nope, this guy has that sewn up

328718-tlsnewslandscape.jpg

Back