Jesse hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

Two contradictory statements. You can say a player looks out of his depth in two games, it's factual. Does it mean they always will be? no.
Then why bother stating it? If looking out of your depth after 2 games is common for almost all key forwards, then it means nothing. If they look out of their depth after 50 games, then it is a reason for concern and discussion.

And a whole extra year on an afl list, a much longer time with his team and gameplan...i'd say they are all fairly relevant, especially seeing that just two weeks ago Boyd kicked 3 goals, had 14 touches and 6 marks against the hawks.
But ultimately the issue is why is everyone obsessed with comparing young players? they are very different players and both have plenty of time to improve

It's funny, when I was saying how quickly Hogan would make an impact in the AFL, because he'd had 3 preseasons, was already a beast with speed and a great engine and that he rag-dolled men as an 18 year old on his way to a B&F at Casey, all I got was posters like MoC saying how premature I was and that "he hasn't even played AFL".

You now use the same arguments I had the foresight to use as the reason he's more advanced than Boyd.

Yeah, funny.

He has been VERY impressive no doubt. If he continues on this path he will be the No.1 key forward in the comp, imho. Already has a handy lead in contested marks. Doing well in goals kicked and I think he will finish up there by the end of season. However, this is dependent on Melbourne's midfield continuing to provide him ample opportunities

ik8LND4.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back