Recommitted Jesse Hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really looking forward to signing him for free once he's a free agent.

Excellent decision by the club to not make an offer.
I'll be happy with him in red and blue for next couple of years at least. Freo can keep dreaming for now. The fear of Hogan maybe leaving in as a FA not particularly worrying me now. It's like how Pav was going to go be to SA every year.

Hogan says no to Freo....again.

Is anyone other than Freo fans surprised by this?

Freo fans weren't surprised. We knew it was a long shot as the guy has a contract. It wasn't us who was having a few beers with Fyfey. Pretty sure it was Jesse.

You might want to ask Jesse where his head was at to even be at the meeting in the first place.

I dont blame Freo for having a crack and if Jess wanted to go home when out of contract i would harbour no grudges towards him, there is more to life than football, except in Adelaide, if not for football suicide would be the cities favourite pastime.

Freo fans weren't surprised. We knew it was a long shot as the guy has a contract. It wasn't us who was having a few beers with Fyfey. Pretty sure it was Jesse.

You might want to ask Jesse where his head was at to even be at the meeting in the first place.
Don't they have the same manager. I'm sure Fyfe was in his ear but I don't think the meeting was arranged as a recruitment drive.

So Jesse isn't allowed to catch up and have a beer with a mate now? Crickey you Freo fans are desperate to believe anything.

Anyhoo, see you in 12 months when you lot have some more wet dreams

I dont blame Freo for having a crack and if Jess wanted to go home when out of contract i would harbour no grudges towards him, there is more to life than football, except in Adelaide, if not for football suicide would be the cities favourite pastime.
It'd be remiss of us to not enquire on his availability for a position we need. By the sounds of it we tried to turn his head but he's stayed loyal to MFC and good on him.

So Jesse isn't allowed to catch up and have a beer with a mate now? Crickey you Freo fans are desperate to believe anything.

We didn't think it was a social catch up because we didn't think/know they are friends. Never played together and never seen together before but if they are, then it was just two mates having a beer.

Sure. A few days before trade week and a player meets with the captain of a team that had openly been after him.

Has a bit of Gibbs/Tex about it.

Gibbs stayed too but you're dreaming if you think it meant nothing.

You wouldn't want to have a beer with Fyfey? I think he's a pretty cool guy. Eh kicks balls at cow and doesn't afraid of anything

We didn't think it was a social catch up because we didn't think/know they are friends. Never played together and never seen together before but if they are, then it was just two mates having a beer.

That sounds a bit creepy, are you lot really following Hogan that closely? Which Freo fans keeps a database of all the people Jesse has been seen with?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That sounds a bit creepy, are you lot really following Hogan that closely? Which Freo fans keeps a database of all the people Jesse has been seen with?
Funny thing called social media.

Edit: Hogan and Fyfe was seen by a West Coast supporter who posted it in our trade thread.

It'd be remiss of us to not enquire on his availability for a position we need. By the sounds of it we tried to turn his head but he's stayed loyal to MFC and good on him.

Yea, no issue whatsoever with Free putting feelers out, plus Jess has been through hell, i can't imagine having all of what he went through this year fall on me in a six month period, id be a wreck, if he wanted to be with friends and family id completely understand as I'm sure most Melbourne supporters would also.

Welcome to 2017

No, just because you're surrounded by a group of people who all think it's normal behaviour doesn't make it so.

Anway, that's my last word of this topic. I find it bizarre that anyone would stalk someone on social media like that but clearly it takes all types to make the world go around.

Jesse is a kid who has gone to hell and back in the last 12 months. His old man was terminally ill and he signed a contract extension. I think he is a pivotal part of our future but I'd hold no grudges if he requested a trade. We would be well compensated if he decided to leave. The biggest issue surrounding Jesse is, he is contracted and doesn't want to leave. If the planets align and he requests a trade, I doubt you'd find any melbourne supporter who would think it's out of line. We let Thompson go cheap, jolly go cheap, look at the history of our football club and the tragic deaths involved and you would understand that our supporters, more than most, realise there is more to life than football.

We let Thompson go cheap, jolly go cheap, look at the history of our football club and the tragic deaths involved and you would understand that our supporters, more than most, realise there is more to life than football.

Let go for their value, as requested by the player:

Thompson - pick 12, on traded for Moloney
Jolly - pick 15, used to select Dunn

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They have the same manager and it was just a social beer, not a pitch from Fyfe.

Unfortunately, Freo supporters get excited at the merest hint of Hogan sighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back