Prediction Jesse Hogan

wild side

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Saying on foxsports he wants to play this w/end.
Where's he go?
Peel or against GC
I reckon bring him in to the midfield in the seniors.
Whaddayareckon ???

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
If you play him at Peel it starts to look like he is being punished which flies in the face of the "supporting his mental illness" path we have been on. If he plays, it will be against GCS.
If his anxiety is triggered in part by the expectation of playing in front of friends and family, maybe a debut at Gold Coast would be the best thing for him.

I have a feeling this is something of a danger game for us, so am ambivalent whether we should change a winning formula.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Yep Lyon said it wasn't a suspension so if Hogan passes his medical and says he is ready to play I reckon bring him in especially as its a game the team should do well in and be lower pressure than the next couple of home games *taking nothing for granted*.

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
Really? Come on. I mean, I'm not saying we can't lose the game, because any game is there to lose, but I can't see that.
We should absolutely pump them, for sure, but we have not travelled well for the past couple of seasons. I think it's only a danger game if we go with the attitude that West Coast took to Brisbane; it's a long trip, tricky conditions and Gold Coast have some talent. Just me being a gun shy Freo supporter :)

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have a feeling this is something of a danger game for us, so am ambivalent whether we should change a winning formula.
Never want to be too over confident but we'll undo a lot of good work if we can't get the job done against GC. Looks like they'll be without Fiorini (their BOG in Rd 1) and Swallow (one of their very few experienced players).

edit - may be wrong about Fiorini. Think it was Ainsworth that got injured.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Never want to be too over confident but we'll undo a lot of good work if we can't get the job done against GC. Looks like they'll be without Fiorini (their BOG in Rd 1) and Swallow (one of their very few experienced players).

edit - may be wrong about Fiorini. Think it was Ainsworth that got injured.
Lordy-lord, this could be a percentage boost!

Aug 22, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
If there was going to be a game to throw all the big guys together it would be this one or the Saints next week. On ball Hogan or wing for a rotation just to see what happens

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
If he wants to play, then straight in against GC. Need to respect the opposition, but there is no better way to get him firing in purple than GC-Saints. And primed for the derby.

Clarkson is the best coach in the business, and he went with Gunston, Roughead, Ceglar, McEvoy, Nash. Adelaide looked their best a few years ago with Jacobs, Lynch, Walker, McGovern, Jenkins. It's not dissimilar to what we'd be doing with McCarthy, Taberner, Darcy, Lobb, Hogan.

Back