Prediction Jesse Hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

Missing a pre-season has a massive impact on a players season, we know this is true and yet very few are accounting for this when looking at Hogans year.

If he can look after himself through the bye I think he will continue to improve through the year. If he can have a full preseason he will have a massive yr 2 with us.

Cant see it being a break out game for him. He will double teamed and scragged all day. Will make it easier for Walter's & matera who has impressed this year & should both kick a few.

Melbourne supporter here and was very disappointed to lose Hogan. I tend to check how he's going and worry that the boy won't convert that potential we all saw in him. Has had a rough time of it in respect to Dad but he also appears to have a self-destruct button and should be doing significantly better than he is.

I worry for Hogan in the off season if he cant get his game right soon.

I worry for Hogan if players can't kick to him on the leads he keeps providing. The biggest one today was from the game winner Walters. Kicked it right over the leading Hogan to a a Brisbane defender.

It's happening to all our forwards. Sometimes they have themselves to blame for leading to either the wrong spot or all leading to the same spot but when they are leading to the right spot we still bomb it long over their heads to a contest 20m out.

I wouldn't expect any forward to mark it often when this is what happens.

I can only hope our entries improve otherwise no matter what hogan or any of our big forwards do they'll struggle to take marks inside 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's got little to do with 'no pre-season.' It's a flakey excuse. He isn't 19 – he's been on a list since he was basically 16. He's been in an elite training environment for about six years now. He should be improving at least a bit every week but he just isn't. He keeps getting double-teamed and does these stupid handballs when he is. He's being a dumb footballer.

The tactic of shoving him half way up the ground to just get a touch reeks of desperation. It's what the Dees used to do to Jack Watts. But he actually went okay up there as a winder.

He has been awful this season and he's having his worst season. If you seriously think his output is respectable you must not respect the club.

Guys are allowed to get full of drugs and piss if they play good footy. Hogan is more interested in taking drugs and being seen as a lad about town than someone seriously dedicated to playing football. He shouldn't be carrying on like that if he can't back it up with good performances.

Shitty coaching isn't helping the guy – he needs to be stuck and plunked as a full forward, with Brandon Matera as a crumbing forward and Cam McCarthy and Brennan Cox as second and third talls. Lobb as a forward when we have a ruck, too. But seriously his season has been absolutely disappointing.

He'll go down as one of the dumb trades and wasted potential players if this keeps up.

I wish we’d get behind our players rather than s**t on a bloke that’s returning from a significant injury, no preseason and an extremely tough time in his life.

He’s 9 games into his career at Freo, give him some time to build and find his way. We’re lucky he’s playing at all.

Last edited:
Getting beat 1vs1 by Harris Andrews is one thing but he can't even halve an arial contest with a 44 year old Luke Hodge..... jeezus FC

He's got time I suppose but the worry is these are the things Melbourne fans were saying about him when the trade was in the wind

He's in poor form and low on confidence but he's played a whole 9 games for us ffs.
He's on 800 thousand a year and has played 80 games of AFL.

He's also carrying on like an absolute *head when he's going out in Freo.

It's a bit hard to give him the benefit of the doubt when he's pinging his head off, smoking darts, and doing defamed s**t in backyards.

He's taking the piss.

He's also not even getting better and his performances aren't just kind okay, they're well below average. Brennan Cox is having more of an impact.

Still though, our forward entries break down at half-forward and so long as Brandon Matera and Hogan are playing in the middle (and Joel Hamling manning up on Charlie Cameron who's kicked three ffs) you can't be too harsh. The dickhead in the coaches box has a great platter of really good forwards and refuses to let them spend more than 15 minutes down there and won't let them gel.

Still though, our forward entries break down at half-forward and so long as Brandon Matera and Hogan are playing in the middle (and Joel Hamling manning up on Charlie Cameron who's kicked three ffs) you can't be too harsh. The dickhead in the coaches box has a great platter of really good forwards and refuses to let them spend more than 15 minutes down there and won't let them gel.

Really, it sounds like you're ready to delist him by the way you're carrying on.

Really, it sounds like you're ready to delist him by the way you're carrying on.
What hyperbolic ******* nonsense. I'm just saying he's been crap this season and it's disappointing given his hype and contract.

You're seriously saying he's been worth it? He's worth the money?

He went down to the rooms during the 4th quarter. Anyone reckon he might have something still have something sore in the foot, hence all the handballs?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back