Prediction Jesse Hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

All because of Jesse, :rolleyes:what a lot horse manure.
Obviously not, but getting him was a significant gamble that could either be quite damaging or very rewarding. Obviously hope its the latter, but its s worrying start. Hopefully he comes home strong in the second half, along with the rest of the team.

Obviously not, but getting him was a significant gamble that could either be quite damaging or very rewarding. Obviously hope its the latter, but its s worrying start. Hopefully he comes home strong in the second half, along with the rest of the team.
What exactly were your expectations, given he's newly planted into Freo's forward line with zero preseason?

For me, him having a less than perfect settling in period is absolutely unsurprising and not worrying at all.

My expectations werent actually that high at all, Id hardly seen him play and tbh he didnt look that good in the very few games i saw him play for Melbourne. Melbourne fans didnt seem that unhappy to see him go either really. I know he had lots of hype as a draftee but so did Tom Boyd. I hope he can get to at least 50 goals a season if he did that at melbourne, maybe not this year but next year as part of us having a genuine tilt. He should be coming into his prime, so hopefully can find form soon.

in the context of the issues he had with his foot, dad, cancer etc etc.... I do not think the start to 2019 is a worry. It will be a worry if there is no progress. Progress is required to justify the trade.

Theres obviously a problem with the whole foward line, and even with pav we struggled to kick decent scores.
I think its just some of his efforts and body language thats concerning. Giving him a tough time wont help probably, hopefully he fights hard today, although might be b a tough day at the office.

Not sure about that. His best experience as a player is in Ross’s forward set up and comes across as a bit weak in the media. Just agrees with everyone else and is silent when he should be speaking up.

Maybe he's just not one for talking s_!T like most of the commentators or "experts" do...

From the games I've watched it seems that Ross's game plan is -
'Rightio boys once we've got the ball I want you all to run into the forward 50 as fast as you can and absolutely fill it to the brim with ourselves and opposition players, that way we'll be able to score goals from absolutely ugly grubber kicks all day! Whatever you do, Don't give the forwards and space and Don't try to hit them on the lead lace out, that would be counter productive. Make sure you bomb it high as you can, straight on top of their heads!'
Be pretty bloody frustrating if you were one of our key forwards IMHO.

Not sure about that. His best experience as a player is in Ross’s forward set up and comes across as a bit weak in the media. Just agrees with everyone else and is silent when he should be speaking up.
In terms of guidance to forwards in how to lead, when to lead, how to lose your direct opponent, how to create space, good leading patterns ect though

2 goals, solid without being spectacular. Seriously spudded up that nice little move to then miss the goal altogether.

Paid attention to him in the huddle singing the song - he looks very engaged and you can see he’s building some good relationships with the team

Keep building Hog’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hogan is a good player and probably needed the bye to rest up / build fitness. It will come together this season for him and I predict a few bags 2nd half of season.

From the games I've watched it seems that Ross's game plan is -
'Rightio boys once we've got the ball I want you all to run into the forward 50 as fast as you can and absolutely fill it to the brim with ourselves and opposition players, that way we'll be able to score goals from absolutely ugly grubber kicks all day! Whatever you do, Don't give the forwards and space and Don't try to hit them on the lead lace out, that would be counter productive. Make sure you bomb it high as you can, straight on top of their heads!'
Be pretty bloody frustrating if you were one of our key forwards IMHO.
And yet when the opposition go to clear the ball from inside their 50, our players are also there somehow outside the 50 simultaneously!

Pretty remarkable eh.

Sometimes I almost feel like what might have happened instead is that the opposition has flooded back in defence to clog up our forward line.

His best game for the club today. Not spectacular, but hopefully he's building. Good to see Ross backing him in.

all in his head. He's still only a very young man who has had a lot of pressure, expectation & adversity in his short life.
Not all of them can cope. Look at Boyd.
Remains to be seen if he settles into being an AFL footballer. All the talent in the world and seems a real competitive beast and well liked in the player group.

Not too bad today, got on the end of a few which hopefully helps the confidence. Hes got good quick hands which is a sign ofbthe talent he has.

2 goals, solid without being spectacular. Seriously spudded up that nice little move to then miss the goal altogether.

Paid attention to him in the huddle singing the song - he looks very engaged and you can see he’s building some good relationships with the team

Keep building Hog’s

Agreed!
Seems close with Matera and Bewley and Schultz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back