Prediction Jesse Hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

We won't see such inept movement out of defence from another oppo team all year ...... well maybe the next couple of weeks but yesterday looked like early/late season football where one teams so clearly tuned in and the other looks rusty / cooked AF

Wouldn't think making any strategic decisions based on how we played yesterday would be much use , no reason not to try the 4 talls but I would be very surprised if it didn't backfire when the other teams not handing the ball back on a plate

If we played that game again this week do you think the result would be the same ?

No way known

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Everyone saying to drop Taberner is crazy, we have historically been a much better team with him in the side.

Its time for people to start admitting it, Taberner is AFL quality and an integral part of our side.

See "The Matt Taberner Effect"

Bring in Hogan and play the 4 pronged forward line, rotate Hogan/Tabs up and down the wing if need be, can never have too much aerial presence up a wing.
Total crap.

Please, when Taberner was uncontracted only one team offered him a job.

I can't see a problem playing all 4. It would be incredibly hard to match up on this forward line. They basically have to double team Lobb and Taberner up the ground. Taberner would play up the ground, Hogan full forward, Lobbe CHF and McCarthy would be the 3rd target. I believe against Gold Coast it would be extremely hard for them to defend this. Other teams, it would not work so well against.

Total crap.

Please, when Taberner was uncontracted only one team offered him a job.
Well thats only true on a technicality, he didn't field offers from other teams, he turned his back on them. (From RTB himself in a presser)

Offers certainly would have come if he put out the feelers

I just don’t get the love for guy who doesn’t lead when he too, leads to the wrong spots, and leads when he needs to hold position.

All the blind turns, get the way of others can be excused because he kicks straight, work hards and is a good bloke.

My initial reaction was a like-for-like with Switkowsi in, but the longer the week goes on the more that'll probably change to Hogan. Kid's a gun and arguably mobile enough to combine with Shultz (lol), Cam, Walters etc in not letting them walk it out of our 50. It's a tricky one though and probably dependent on a the conditions, how we matchup with the Suns etc etc.

It's a nice headache to have. How long's it been since we've argued over which talls to play!?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone saying to drop Taberner is crazy, we have historically been a much better team with him in the side.

Its time for people to start admitting it, Taberner is AFL quality and an integral part of our side.

See "The Matt Taberner Effect"

Bring in Hogan and play the 4 pronged forward line, rotate Hogan/Tabs up and down the wing if need be, can never have too much aerial presence up a wing.
That's because we've had no-one else :sweatsmile:.

Now we have 2 new KPFs who are both better than him.

4 talls is too many

Have to attack GC where they are weak. I mean Collins is playing back there... nuff said. I will be at the game this weekend, hope to see more of the same action from Freo!

I just don’t get the love for guy who doesn’t lead when he too, leads to the wrong spots, and leads when he needs to hold position.

All the blind turns, get the way of others can be excused because he kicks straight, work hards and is a good bloke.

Who are you talking about? Mostly sounds like Tabs but the kicks straight threw me.

He needs to go in the Forward line permantly, not rotate him, Walters can live in the half forward now and Thor can lurk between the two

Our half forward line of walters, Hogan and thor is mobile enough,
full forward line with Shultz, tabs and lobb is the question.

I’d like him to play and play a decent chunk in the middle. As much as we love the Fyfe / Mundy combo, I feel we need to manage Mundy’s midfield minutes as we need him to last the season. Rotating Mundy forward or back will help this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normally I would be fine with a tall forward line but this week it will be very slippery in the dew. If it were me (which I am glad it isn't), I would bring in Switta and Hogan for Tabs and Ballantyne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back