Prediction Jesse Hogan

Remove this Banner Ad

I've generally been one of Ross' biggest supporters on here. But this is pushing into shark-jumping territory, however you like to justify it. Unless we have our eye on a really high pick this year at the draft to get our next star mid. Or at least just do it during the game but don't highlight it during the week in the media so you look like a clown talking up putting one of the best young proven forwards in the comp who you just paid lots for, in your back line.

As a stop gap measure /last resort think it’s fine

I would be pretty p***** off however if it does eventuate this game/early on in the year.

He’s only just come into the side and we desperately need him to start getting some synergy with both the other fwds and mids.
Not to mention the obvious that cox is still available.

Let’s get him sorted in his best position to be able to impact games for us (fwd line )before we start playing fantasy football with him.

With all that said and done I’m in the camp that thinks ross just might be a trollin on this one

Maybe we could give Wilson that break he seems to need and insert Ballas in there. He's a good pressure player, can kick it long, and I'm not sure if there is anyone better to fill in that position.

Ummmm, Brennan was an all Australian backman at junior level.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-24/callum-twomeys-2016-phantom-draft

Nah, speaks to Ross if Jesse spends any decent amount of time as a backman this week or any week.

For a guy who is trying to find his groove in our team I don't see any benefit whatsoever to chopping and changing the guy through different positions.

Hence the IMO.

Don't really think he's quick enough to be an afl backman.

Disagree on the Hogan move too. It's one week, and if we have trouble covering the gws talls he's probably one of the best options. I agree generally it's not ideal but best of set of bad choices in this case.

Hopefully it's not necessary.

Hence the IMO.

Don't really think he's quick enough to be an afl backman.

Disagree on the Hogan move too. It's one week, and if we have trouble covering the gws talls he's probably one of the best options. I agree generally it's not ideal but best of set of bad choices in this case.

Hopefully it's not necessary.

Isn't the team trying to 'gel'? Keep people in their positions! This choppy changy is just gonna delay the gel setting. Once players become accustomed to and competent in their primary role, then they can be moved, taking their confidence with them, into temporary positions to cover injuries. For now..........bring in Nyhius, or throw Mundy back there. He was a halfback, has the experience. Hogan needs to stay in and learn his primary role for our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listen to the media Conference. Media have blown it way out of context and probed Lyon in the presser to get a story. Hogan was mentioned last with a host of other players as potential cover for Hamling. move On Hogan will be playing forward.

Considering we're already covered for tall forwards without him, I don't see how it's particularly shocking to use Hogan as cover for Hamling when we don't have many alternatives. Bringing in an underdone Cox against GWS seems like a much worse idea.

I've been a bit of a trouble maker on the main board but I come in peace.

I wanted Melbourne to put Hogan at CHB for the last 2 years I reckon that's his best spot.

He reads the play well, beautiful kick and really mobile at ground level. Loves the freedom to run an jump at the pill. He won't get beaten in the air.

As a forward he's too flat footed, doesn't body well enough for space and isn't tall enough to mark standing still. Also gets frustrated not being in the game.

I reckon he's in the games elite there, would have preferred him down back over May

Remove this Banner Ad

Back