Nickname:

Twitter

Position: Defender

SANFL Club:

Recruited From: Claremont

Career Games: 0

Career Goals: 0

More info on Jesse Laurie

Blair Hartley said: “Powerfully built and tough. He played key position back for WA state U18s and showed strong ability to read play and intercept balls. But while playing for Claremont he has several high possession games through the midfield with a strong body and good clearance numbers. WA didn’t have a lot of key back options which is why he played there but at 184cm he is better suited to the midfield. He ran a 15.2 beep test at the state screening so he shows excellent endurance with his strong body and has a determination to make the grade so we were very happy to use our last pick on Jesse.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/tabid/6038/Default.aspx?newsid=70875

Re: Jesse Laurie (Rookie)

another pic

Jess Laurie
l_dc71a320de99dad8a218940c60d88610.jpg

Re: #46 Jesse Laurie (Rookie)

congrats to jessie who played his first league game on the weekend and did not disappoint - played well

congrats to jessie who played his first league game on the weekend and did not disappoint - played well

Jesse well done on your dedut in the SANFL all the boys down home in Denmark wanted to say G'Day and say keep it up you are doing us all proud.

It is nearly the end of the season and this time tough calls are made on the rookies. Think that Laurie has done enough to at least get re-rookied (hope that is a word). Has been BOG and in the best players for most of the season - although mostly in the ressies but as a Rookie has continued consistency and proven that he can play - is very fit - and just need another year to gain more experience and play regular league games.

So I believe I remember noticing Jesse was delisted, though he is still listed as a Port Player on the website,

Is he staying or is he going?

Has overcome hammy injury - came back via ressies but last weekend BOG for Claremont league team. Well done to Jesse

Playing for Claremont in their Grand Final against Swan Districts, Jesse Laurie speaks highly of Bob Carlile as his mentor while at Port.

link
While Laurie's time with Port Adelaide was cut short after just one year and wasn't as successful as he would have liked given he spent most of the season in West Adelaide's reserves, he has no doubt he benefited greatly from being in the AFL system.

"It's just such a professional culture and being around an AFL football club for a year has helped me so much," he said.

"Especially getting to know some of the blokes and getting some mentors over there like Alipate Carlile. He just helped me the whole year and I lived with him for a month, and from then on I've tried to mould the way I prepare for a game pretty much from him."
link

Jesse Laurie (Past Players - Rookie)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back