Traded Jesse Wardlaw (2018-2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought she looked good in the wet in Round 1 in conditions that weren't at all favorable to her.

Round 2 she showed what she had.

Weapon
I thought last year she had potential but was a bit fumbly, not to mention we were so Sabrina focussed. Shining as the main target.

Thank You Jesse & Lulu

Jesse Wardlaw and Lulu Pullar have informed the Brisbane Lions of their desire to be traded to other AFLW clubs.

The Club has begun working through its options.

Wardlaw was drafted to the Lions at pick No. 61 in the 2018 AFL Women’s Draft, and quickly established herself as a mainstay of the Lions’ forward line kicking 47 goals from 49 games.

The 22-year-old had an outstanding 2022 NAB AFLW Season 7 last year, which culminated in winning the AFLW Leading Goalkicker Award.

Wardlaw wrote herself into the history books, booting 19 goals to equal Adelaide’s Ash Woodland’s record for the most number of goals kicked in the home and away season.

The talented forward was a key figure in the Lions 2021 Premiership team.

Lions Head of Women’s Football, Breeanna Brock, thanked Wardlaw for her outstanding contribution to the Club.

“Jesse has been a very valued member of the Brisbane Lions, coming up through the ranks via our Academy. She will always have a place here at Brisbane,” she said.

“As a home-grown talent, we would have loved Jesse to remain with the Lions.

“On behalf of everyone at Brisbane, I would like to thank Jesse for everything she has done for our Club, and we wish her all the best in her future endeavours.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back