Player Watch Jesse White (Retired 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesse will be a cog in 2016.

For the simple fact he is our third best key forward, with one of those above him a kid. He can also pinch hit in the ruck.

I'm not so sure Howe necessarily takes his place.

Didn't bucks say they had how tagged for an Isaac Smith-style running wing / HF role? That would tend to indicate they don't envision him as the "3rd" tall forward in our structure.

The interesting thing will be whether Reid gets a run up forward. I prefer him back though.

Amen to that - we instantly looked so much more settled (and better) down back with Reid there reading the play / taking intercept marks and making mostly good decisions by foot when he returned.

Whatever happens to White, Reid has to play back. He's close to the best CHB in the comp and our backline is nowhere near good enough without him.
I tend to think there is only 1 viable role for White and that should be taken by Moore. Meanwhile I'd love to find a FF so Moore could play that 3rd tall/2nd ruck role with Cloke at CHF which is far and away his best position. Plug in a decent FF, put Cloke at CHF and Howe as a medium a with Elliot & Fasolo as small forwards and we have a pretty good forward line with swan and co taking some part of their rest up forward in light of reduce interchange numbers. White in the mix is the weak link.

Jesse was more than serviceable last year, avg 1.5 goals per game ain't that bad.

He was top 50 for total goals and goals per game, for a 3rd option who also plays ruck that is right on expectations.

White's problem is that he has the attributes to be better, and frustrates with behinds at crucial times.

If Jesse can't get a game next year it will be a good sign for us.

Whatever happens to White, Reid has to play back. He's close to the best CHB in the comp and our backline is nowhere near good enough without him.
I tend to think there is only 1 viable role for White and that should be taken by Moore. Meanwhile I'd love to find a FF so Moore could play that 3rd tall/2nd ruck role with Cloke at CHF which is far and away his best position. Plug in a decent FF, put Cloke at CHF and Howe as a medium a with Elliot & Fasolo as small forwards and we have a pretty good forward line with swan and co taking some part of their rest up forward in light of reduce interchange numbers. White in the mix is the weak link.

I'd like to see Reid forward but that ship sailed while he was injured. Agree that defence is where we need him for 2016 at least.

I'd like to see Reid forward but that ship sailed while he was injured. Agree that defence is where we need him for 2016 at least.

If, and it is a massive if, Reid is able to hold down CHB for the next three seasons, we win the flag.

My mail is that white is going to be training as a full back this preseason, was told in his end of season review.
If he can make the transition he could be very good in that role.

That's very interesting indeed. Can't say that I can recall Jesse spending any time in the back half during his career. I like it though. Has a good tank; Tazz mark II?

My mail is that white is going to be training as a full back this preseason, was told in his end of season review.
That's the kind of move that, if it came off, would make us a contender immediately. We could play Reid forward and instantly our attack looks menacing.

To me White is depth and depth alone this season, comes in if VFL form warrants and one of Cloke, Moore or Howe is injured or badly down on form.

That's the kind of move that, if it came off, would make us a contender immediately. We could play Reid forward and instantly our attack looks menacing.

But what makes you think White could be a better defender than Reid, or even Frost?
I just don't really see it being worth it.

That would leave us with very little option in the ruck. Much as it would be nice to see something different attempted with White your rumour is only a rumour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

White as a fullback is weird. Brown is a Premiership full back and Frost is next cab off the rank. If the intent is to allow Reid to swing forward, Marsh with a strong preseason at CHB is the way to go.

Then on the flip side, White is our best performing forward/ruck option with Moore still young and Witts unproven. Cox might be the surprise packet but White would be the incumbent in this scenario. Not saying it won't happen, just don't see the logic in it.

Please no. White is pushed off the ball easier than a one-legged hobo is nudged out of the soup line. No WAY do we want him anywhere near a KPF. Contest after contest he gets pushed out and does that ridiculous "look, coach, I'm really trying" waving one arm at the ball thing. I can't understand how such a big dude is so easliy pushed around by smaller defenders.

He's soft, dumb, and lazy in the contest. He's frustrating as a forward, but I reckon he would be a disaster in defence. Kennedy and Hawkins would kick career highs on him.

Should be handy depth. Can play key forward and ruck and is athletic meaning we don't lose speed when he plays. Perfect depth player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back