Toast Jesse White

Remove this Banner Ad

oswood

Cancelled
Jun 9, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
In my short year of big footy time I'd never thought i'd say this, but Jesse White deserves a toast for his performance today.

Long worthy of some of the words spoken of him on this board, he actually played a decent game and looked one of the more lively in a terrible performance.

G: 2.2
D: 15
K: 12
H: 3
M: 5
T: 3

TO Jesse! until his contract runs out at the end of the year.

He was a shining light on an otherwise miserable day. He could be a weapon in the back half if he plays like that consistently with that combination of size, strength and athleticism. He provded me wrong today, let's hope he continues with it.

I've been a huge critic of White, and still think he's a dud, but listening to the radio today it sounded like he played well....credit where it's due!

1 swallow doesn't make a summer though

Good toast, he was our best in the last quarter and more than serviceable all day. He took the game on and created opportunities with his dare. The way he moved the play quickly was in stark contrast to the rest of the team...

Not really in the mood for toasting threads right now. It's like Buckley winning his Norm Smith and taking it off cos we lost although Jesse White won't get a norm smith and wasn't quite as good..

was very good. Maybe he can find his niche as our swing man... trouble with Jesse as we all know is that he puts in a good game like this, then we don't see it again for the next 10 games.

Now I've seen everything! A toast thread for Jesse White! He deserved his return to the seniors, after playing OK and then very well in the VFL in the last two weeks, and then he went on with it today in difficult circumstances. Best Iv'e seen him play for us in a long time. I truly hope it gives him the confidence to go on with it. Knowing Jesse, it may not. But well done on his performance today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesse has made a career out of underperforming, then a few times a year he'll show glimpses of what a man with his attributes should be capable of. Well done in his performance today. More please, or stop teasing.

Jesse white did very well today...particularly when moved to HB following Reid's injury. What I do not understand is that he was promoted this week because he has played well at HB over the past several weeks (as he did again today) and then at the start of the game he is placed at FF. Why? Because when he was moved to HB we were robbed of a tall forward

Jesse white did very well today...particularly when moved to HB following Reid's injury. What I do not understand is that he was promoted this week because he has played well at HB over the past several weeks (as he did again today) and then at the start of the game he is placed at FF. Why? Because when he was moved to HB we were robbed of a tall forward
When I seen White warming up with the forward group my first thought was Cloke should be shitty given he was overlooked for a bloke who'd been playing back for the last 8 weeks. Selecting blokes out of VFL positions has been Collingwood's way lately so I shouldn't have been surprised and White deserved his selection.

White played well and with confidence both as a forward and as a back. I think we looked better after White was moved back though as he provided some run and Moore and Fasolo became more of a marking threat in the forward 50. Hopefully he can back it up, because it was refreshing to see.

He was horrendous up forward had the third defender a didn't present and provide a target to kick to. Got a bit of the ball in the last but I wouldn't keep him in the side.

He was horrendous up forward had the third defender a didn't present and provide a target to kick to. Got a bit of the ball in the last but I wouldn't keep him in the side.
I thought he was good.
One of the few who attacked the ball and had a crack.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back