Jessica Peris Failed Drug Test

Remove this Banner Ad

Why don't you think that non olympic sports shouldn't be part of Wada?
Surely your not in favour of drugs in sport are you?

Whilst I don’t agree with moving away from WADA, I do think the WADA guidelines are designed far better for individual sports than for team ones.

Reality says that if you’re a member of a sports team, you rely upon the supplied medical staff and professionals of that team.

Individual athletes are much more able to have control over their own medical staff - though many are provided by various national sports organisations like the AIS.

Most doping cases that have been sanctioned over the years are individual athletes.

I suspect Operacion Puerto was covered up by the Spanish government to protect some of the major soccer clubs over there from any real examination. Imagine if what went on with Essendon was to occur to Barcelona or Real Madrid, the media circus would be incredible.

Whilst I don’t agree with moving away from WADA, I do think the WADA guidelines are designed far better for individual sports than for team ones.

Reality says that if you’re a member of a sports team, you rely upon the supplied medical staff and professionals of that team.

Individual athletes are much more able to have control over their own medical staff - though many are provided by various national sports organisations like the AIS.

Most doping cases that have been sanctioned over the years are individual athletes.

I suspect Operacion Puerto was covered up by the Spanish government to protect some of the major soccer clubs over there from any real examination. Imagine if what went on with Essendon was to occur to Barcelona or Real Madrid, the media circus would be incredible.
I think I'm right in saying that if the AFL or any sports Organization in Australia pull out of the Wada agreement they will lose government funding. A vast majority of sports fans are against drugs in sport and in my opinion rightly so.
Lets all support drug fee

I think I'm right in saying that if any sport in Australia didn't sign up for Wada they lose any government funding and rightly so in my opinion.
No true sports fan can endorse drugs in sport, no matter what the sport

I think I'm right in saying that if any sport in Australia didn't sign up for Wada they lose any government funding and rightly so in my opinion.

They're discussing not using ASADA for the testing side; which they could replace with another company so long as the lab they use is WADA accredited.

Technically they would still be WADA compliant in that case, whether that would then disqualify them for government funding I don't know, but I do think it's unlikely ASADA gets turfed.

I think anti-doping is a good 5-10 years behind the curve of where the doping doctors are at; I'm a cycling fan so I guess it's something you hear a lot more about than you would watching AFL until the last couple of years.

From memory neither the NFL or MLB operate under the WADA code anymore, and their 'anti-doping' is little more than a token effort to catch the most brazen (and stupid) of dopers.

They're discussing not using ASADA for the testing side; which they could replace with another company so long as the lab they use is WADA accredited.

Technically they would still be WADA compliant in that case, whether that would then disqualify them for government funding I don't know, but I do think it's unlikely ASADA gets turfed.

I think anti-doping is a good 5-10 years behind the curve of where the doping doctors are at; I'm a cycling fan so I guess it's something you hear a lot more about than you would watching AFL until the last couple of years.

From memory neither the NFL or MLB operate under the WADA code anymore, and their 'anti-doping' is little more than a token effort to catch the most brazen (and stupid) of dopers.
I think I'm right in saying that NFL or MLB don't receive any government funding of any sort in the USA.
You can be sure that some Baseball players will be tested for drugs at the 2020 Olympics and you can be sure that any future NFL club based in London will have their players drug tested. Just as the Rugby players from both codes here are drug tested when they tour Europe, and the same when Rugby players from both codes from overseas are drug tested in Australia

I think I'm right in saying that if the AFL or any sports Organization in Australia pull out of the Wada agreement they will lose government funding. A vast majority of sports fans are against drugs in sport and in my opinion rightly so.
Lets all support drug fee

I think you’ll find more people don’t give a s**t than moralling crusading against doping.
“Out of site out of mind”.

You’re also 100% wrong that a non-WADA affiliated athlete would ever have to submit for testing.
Can’t ban someone from something they’re not a part of.

I think I'm right in saying that NFL or MLB don't receive any government funding of any sort in the USA.
You can be sure that some Baseball players will be tested for drugs at the 2020 Olympics and you can be sure that any future NFL club based in London will have their players drug tested. Just as the Rugby players from both codes here are drug tested when they tour Europe, and the same when Rugby players from both codes from overseas are drug tested in Australia

American Professional Sports do get funding from various levels of Government in America, particularly in infrastructure - Professional clubs in America don't only move states/cities because they have new owners, but because there are Government incentives.

I think you’ll find more people don’t give a s**t than moralling crusading against doping.
“Out of site out of mind”.

You’re also 100% wrong that a non-WADA affiliated athlete would ever have to submit for testing.
Can’t ban someone from something they’re not a part of.
A lot of people seemed to care about the Essendon 34

A lot of people seemed to care about the Essendon 34

They definitely cared when it was ongoing; all the media attention made sure of that.

Does your average AFL supporter care whether or how much the players are being drug tested though?

So long as there’s little to no positives, no one cares, regardless of whether or not anything is actually going on.

See NFL for exhibit a on this, young kids coming out of college are enormously developed, but so long as those draftees can come straight in and improve the team, no one questions how they got that big.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back