Jetstar

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
so...... I’ve flown Jetstar domestically. Cheap, unless you get caught with all the extras.
But I’m now boycotting them.
While we all like cheap fares, most of us also want the people who serve us, and have our lives in their hands in an energy, get a living wage.
It appears they don’t.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-...ign-cabin-crews-pay-domestic-flights/10107814
And in that article it appears that Jetstar (QANTAS) are flouting Australian Labour laws by using the international crews, at the Slavs wage rates, on domestic routes.
No more Jetstar, or QANTAS for me.

so...... I’ve flown Jetstar domestically. Cheap, unless you get caught with all the extras.
But I’m now boycotting them.
While we all like cheap fares, most of us also want the people who serve us, and have our lives in their hands in an energy, get a living wage.
It appears they don’t.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-...ign-cabin-crews-pay-domestic-flights/10107814
And in that article it appears that Jetstar (QANTAS) are flouting Australian Labour laws by using the international crews, at the Slavs wage rates, on domestic routes.
No more Jetstar, or QANTAS for me.
Haven't used them for two years, heard about this sometime ago from a friend that works at Virgin.
Well done, saw this on 7.30 Report tonight.

That's what happens with budget airlines unfortunately. Everything is done on the cheap.

Airlines are tricky businesses to run, and not many of them succeed, JetStar have simply done everything they can to maximise their profits as a subsidiary of the QANTAS brand.

Fly Virgin Australia.

Used and Been Happy with them.

Tiger is the only one AirPlane I would not use
I’ve never had a terrible experience with either, aside from when Tiger went into administration circa 2011 or so while I was holidaying in Melbourne. Personal anecdote of course but I think the terrible service story that gets perpetuated for Tiger, whilst a terrible advertisement for the company, is more a legacy thing that they haven’t actively changed as I think it allows them to underpromise and overdeliver.

Can’t remember any true differences in service between Jetstar and Tiger. I’ve generally flown the Perth-Melbourne route most regularly.

Jetstar is the worst. My wife booked us business class to Hawaii, 1 hour into the flight and I would have preferred to swim there. Never again.

Maybe they should pay the staff better to get the service you were hoping?

Jetstar is the worst. My wife booked us business class to Hawaii, 1 hour into the flight and I would have preferred to swim there. Never again.
I flew Jetstar economy to Hawaii and it was perfectly fine. Don’t understand why you’d pay for Business on a Jetstar flight, or any budget airline for that matter.

I think that the point that the OP is making that Jetstar have been accused of employing overseas staff that they can pay cheaper wages to, making them work their maximum hours (tiredness, safety), less amount for overnight stays, using a loophole for internal flights that connect to overseas flights and not as well trained as local staff.

In saying that, I still prefer Virgin for local, better seating and mostly on time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re exposure to Airlines is limited.
Obviously.
Yeah, I’ve only worked in the industry for 12 years. I know nothing compared to someone who has read an article on the internet.

Let me guess?
Yeah, I’ve only worked in the industry for 12 years. I know nothing compared to someone who has read an article on the internet.
Worked in the industry?
Care to share at what level?
I’m just coming from the viewpoint of the poor punter who parts with his/her cash.
Only to be f@rked up by incompetence.
I’m guessing your 12 years are with the incompetent airline named.
Believe me, as a punter, I understand how the airlines offer cut price fares, then ramp up the extras to cover costs, All the time screwing the employees to make that price achieveable.
Tiger are, by reputation and actual experience, the WORST airline in Australia.
Happy for you to post any client experience that oppose that opinion.
Might be hard to find. Good luck.

C13B775C-131F-448F-B04F-9191B5BB9ADF.png

Let me guess. Eight out of ten worst performance?
Starts with T.
Let you fill in the rest.

Last edited:
So your issue is with incompetence or with conditions of those employed by the company?

The poor punter lol give me a break. The poor punter wouldn’t be flying anywhere if we still had Qantas and Ansett and their monopoly on the market forcing ridiculous fares domestically and internationally. You can fly with a budget airline from Melbourne to Sydney for less than a half hour taxi ride would cost. The poor punter in this country is much better off than they are anywhere else around the world

So your issue is with incompetence or with conditions of those employed by the company?

The poor punter lol give me a break. The poor punter wouldn’t be flying anywhere if we still had Qantas and Ansett and their monopoly on the market forcing ridiculous fares domestically and internationally. You can fly with a budget airline from Melbourne to Sydney for less than a half hour taxi ride would cost. The poor punter in this country is much better off than they are anywhere else around the world
Still not revealing your “inside” view?
Don’t blame the poor punter, who really doesn’t pay less than a taxi ride when the budget airline adds luggage, seat selection, food, drink, oxygen, etc,
No such thing as a budget fare.
Tell me your “insight”. Until then, your not a 12 year vet, just another punter.
P.S. I’m travelling Dublin to Rome for less than Melbourne to Townsville by either budget airline. With extra legroom. Luggage included!

Still not revealing your “inside” view?
Don’t blame the poor punter, who really doesn’t pay less than a taxi ride when the budget airline adds luggage, seat selection, food, drink, oxygen, etc,
No such thing as a budget fare.
Tell me your “insight”. Until then, your not a 12 year vet, just another punter.
P.S. I’m travelling Dublin to Rome for less than Melbourne to Townsville by either budget airline. With extra legroom. Luggage included!
Would you reveal your role and the company you work for?

Firstly, Tiger don’t fly that route so it’s not hard to be cheaper than them on a route they don’t fly. Your argument loses validity when you make things up.

The airline doesn’t add those things, the customer chooses to. That’s how the low cost carrier model works. It’s a simple system, pay for what you want to, instead of paying for all the s**t you don’t necessarily need.

If you fail to understand that then you’re hardly fit to judge them. Don’t pay to assign a seat? You’ll get one at check in. No issue there. Carry on is free, checking a bag will cost. Check a bag in on a domestic flight in the US with most carriers and it will cost you $50 per bag at the airport. No provisions to do so prior to travel.

Would you reveal your role and the company you work for?

Firstly, Tiger don’t fly that route so it’s not hard to be cheaper than them on a route they don’t fly. Your argument loses validity when you make things up.

The airline doesn’t add those things, the customer chooses to. That’s how the low cost carrier model works. It’s a simple system, pay for what you want to, instead of paying for all the s**t you don’t necessarily need.

If you fail to understand that then you’re hardly fit to judge them. Don’t pay to assign a seat? You’ll get one at check in. No issue there. Carry on is free, checking a bag will cost. Check a bag in on a domestic flight in the US with most carriers and it will cost you $50 per bag at the airport. No provisions to do so prior to travel.
Hang on.
You stated that Australians are better than overseas flyers.
I called you out saying that Dublin to Rome is cheaper than Melbourne to Townsville.
Now my route is much longer than any route in OZ.
Now you try and wriggle out of your statement that Australians are better off than anyone in the world, which my experience clearly shows you are lying, by saying Jetstar don’t fly that route?
Ridiculous! I’m clearly talking kilometres travelled. Dublin to Rome might be a tad mor kms than you can understand.
US?
Don’t give a rats about them. Let’s go back to your statement.
You can fly Melbourne to Sydney for less than half hour taxi ride.
(paraphrased)
I can load that taxi with 4 or 5 people, and a boot load of luggage.
NO EXTRA COST.
So let’s at a bare minimum load that taxi with two people and a few bags. How’s your budget airline faring now?
You are right about the budget airline not charging passengers for “extras”.
You know, things like food, water, a bag to store extra underwear and toothpaste.
And, as a 6 foot 5 inch person, a bit of leg room.
You are totally incorrect about seat selection when you are travelling budget at that size. Selection is a must, not an option.
Keep defending your employer. Because no matter Tiger or Jetstar, your defending the dregs of the industry.
And truth be told, if you can’t get a job with the Premium airlines, it speaks volumes about your work ethic.

Hang on.
You stated that Australians are better than overseas flyers.
I called you out saying that Dublin to Rome is cheaper than Melbourne to Townsville.
Now my route is much longer than any route in OZ.
Now you try and wriggle out of your statement that Australians are better off than anyone in the world, which my experience clearly shows you are lying, by saying Jetstar don’t fly that route?
Ridiculous! I’m clearly talking kilometres travelled. Dublin to Rome might be a tad mor kms than you can understand.
US?
Don’t give a rats about them. Let’s go back to your statement.
(paraphrased)
I can load that taxi with 4 or 5 people, and a boot load of luggage.
NO EXTRA COST.
So let’s at a bare minimum load that taxi with two people and a few bags. How’s your budget airline faring now?
You are right about the budget airline not charging passengers for “extras”.
You know, things like food, water, a bag to store extra underwear and toothpaste.
And, as a 6 foot 5 inch person, a bit of leg room.
You are totally incorrect about seat selection when you are travelling budget at that size. Selection is a must, not an option.
Keep defending your employer. Because no matter Tiger or Jetstar, your defending the dregs of the industry.
And truth be told, if you can’t get a job with the Premium airlines, it speaks volumes about your work ethic.
Dublin to Rome is a 3hr 5 min flight so therefore that statement is incorrect. Again. I said tiger don’t fly the route that you claimed they did. They don’t fly to Townsville at all. If you can’t read or comprehend what I’ve said to you how can we have a discussion?

When you resort to a person attack you have already lost the argument. You deserve not a second more of my time. Have a nice flight.

Dublin to Rome is a 3hr 5 min flight so therefore that statement is incorrect. Again. I said tiger don’t fly the route that you claimed they did. They don’t fly to Townsville at all. If you can’t read or comprehend what I’ve said to you how can we have a discussion?

When you resort to a person attack you have already lost the argument. You deserve not a second more of my time. Have a nice flight.
Still avoiding the statement that YOU made.
There is no airline in Australia that gives the value of the Dublin to Rome flight.
Which includes baggage and seat selection.
You made the statement that Australians are better off than any airline cost in the world. I’ve compared my flight to the much shorter Melbourne to Townsville flight. They certainly used to fly that route as a few years ago I had the choice of them, Jetstar or Virgin. Doing the math Virgin won despite their initial higher ticket price.
I’m pretty sure the readers can understand that comparison. Could use Melbourne to Brisbane, much shorter route, and still win.
My comparison if an overseas flight as you opened it up by saying we are better off than anyone in the world. Don’t understand how you don’t see that. Wait...maybe I do understand....you don’t want to see the TRUTH.
Your defending your employer, despite being embarrassed to say who they are.
No answer to my complete shoot down of your taxi statement?
No. Indefensible.
Glad your working for such a hated airline. Must be such a pleasure to go to work everyday knowing your going to take the hatred of your clients front on.
Glad that Virgin have rescued you.

I travel domestically frequently in the US and I'm certain that you can check and pay for checked baggage with most carriers when you online check in. Even if you don't, when was the last time a us internal domestic flight didn't offer to check people's baggage for free because they were "at capacity'?

I travel domestically frequently in the US and I'm certain that you can check and pay for checked baggage with most carriers when you online check in. Even if you don't, when was the last time a us internal domestic flight didn't offer to check people's baggage for free because they were "at capacity'?
I haven’t had them check mine for free before, only the unexpected joy of southwest allowing two bags for free. However, you’re then on southwest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back