Jetta suspension

Remove this Banner Ad

I was half watching and flicking channels but I saw a player on the bench playing with his phone. Not even sure which match it was. Could this be Smith?

If this happens on the MCG, blokes head hits the soft ground, doesn't get concussed and Jetta likely doesn't get suspended.

But because they take the injury caused into consideration(When they F*kn shouldnt because it allows for confusion around what is a legal action and what isn't a legal action) and they rock hard ground of Optus stadium caused a concussion, he'll get a week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He came back on, didn't he?
Yep. Tackle happened with 16 minutes to go, he was standing in the middle of the ground next to Gov with 10 minutes to go.
Any word on a delayed concussion in the medical report?
If there was, unfortunately can't pin the arms and let a bloke hit his head.

Part of the problem is that Smith was completely unaware (of pretty much everything) and did very little to actually brace himself.

I'd argue it wasn't a sling tackle - but he did take him to ground

There was zero malice in the Jetta tackle - taking him to ground simply removes his ability to dispose of the ball legally.

The reality is thought - the AFL have undertaken a risk assessment - and feel that future lawsuits around concussion pose a greater risk to the game than disaffecting fans.

And the Jetta finding is not inconsistent with other penalties

Remove this Banner Ad

Back