Jetta suspension

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
Dangerous tackle, pinged his arms and hit his head hard into the ground forcing the player off the field.

By the rules of the law that is illegal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dazzler10

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
If he did my bad but either way he was forced of the ground for 20+mins due to an illegal tackle
i THINK THERE'S SOME CONFUSION (IN MY MIND) AS TO WHETHER he actually had concussion. But okay, the view seems to be a week for Jetta was appropriate.

Wayne Dwop

All Australian
Apr 16, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I was half watching and flicking channels but I saw a player on the bench playing with his phone. Not even sure which match it was. Could this be Smith?

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If this happens on the MCG, blokes head hits the soft ground, doesn't get concussed and Jetta likely doesn't get suspended.

But because they take the injury caused into consideration(When they F*kn shouldnt because it allows for confusion around what is a legal action and what isn't a legal action) and they rock hard ground of Optus stadium caused a concussion, he'll get a week.

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Off Tap

Club Legend
May 13, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Kalgoorlie Roos, Subiaco
Agree with Topkent but it's the rules and he needs to wear it.

Pins the arms and cops a week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ConcreteWaters

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Prescot Cables
He came back on, didn't he?
Yep. Tackle happened with 16 minutes to go, he was standing in the middle of the ground next to Gov with 10 minutes to go.
Any word on a delayed concussion in the medical report?
If there was, unfortunately can't pin the arms and let a bloke hit his head.

The Falcon Strike

Hall of Famer
Nov 18, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Part of the problem is that Smith was completely unaware (of pretty much everything) and did very little to actually brace himself.

I'd argue it wasn't a sling tackle - but he did take him to ground

There was zero malice in the Jetta tackle - taking him to ground simply removes his ability to dispose of the ball legally.

The reality is thought - the AFL have undertaken a risk assessment - and feel that future lawsuits around concussion pose a greater risk to the game than disaffecting fans.

And the Jetta finding is not inconsistent with other penalties

Top Bottom