JFK Assassination: What is the Truth?

AFL Club
Richmond
When McCone arrived from CIA headquarters, Bobby paced the lawn of his estate with him. As Bobby later told historian and aide Arthur Schlesinger, he asked McCone point blank if the CIA “had killed my brother, and I asked him in a way that he couldn’t lie to me, and they hadn’t.” McCone was a devout Catholic, leading many to believe that their shared faith was behind Bobby’s confidence in the CIA director’s candor. McCone, according to Schlesinger’s biography, “Robert Kennedy and His Times,” would come to believe that there had been two shooters in Dallas, though he didn’t think the American intelligence agency was in any way involved.

But McCone almost certainly didn’t know the whole truth. In the wake of the Bay of Pigs, the botched attempted invasion of Cuba orchestrated by the CIA, JFK had forced out the agency’s founding director, Allen Dulles, and replaced him with McCone, an outsider. At the same time, the president put his brother in charge of trying to ride herd on the powerful and unwieldy intelligence agency while also overseeing the administration’s interdepartmental Cuba team. The attorney general often began his days with meetings at CIA headquarters in Langley.
Bobby picked up the phone and dialed a Chicago lawyer for the National Labor Relations Board by the name of Julius Draznin. Bobby knew Draznin had impeccable mob sources, so he asked him to do some digging to determine if there had been any Mafia involvement in the assassination. “I called him back in a couple of days,” Draznin later told Evan Thomas, author of “Robert Kennedy: His Life.” “There was nothing.”
‘One of your guys did it,” Bobby said matter-of-factly, calling from Hickory Hill later on Nov. 22.

He was speaking to Enrique “Harry” Williams, a veteran of the Bay of Pigs operation and the Cuban exile whom Bobby trusted most. Journalist Haynes Johnson happened to be with Williams in Washington’s Ebbitt Hotel at the time, and he later wrote about how stunned he was when Williams hung up the phone and relayed the attorney general’s comments.
"One of your guys did it”

On the day of the event, and before all the theories and all the bull shit.

Bobby once said " I knew they'd get one of us , I thought it would be me."

He had it worked out on the day of the assassination. And not a god damn thing he could do about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Punter

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
I would just state that while it is easy to poke holes in the official version of events, it is just as difficult to suggest a plausible alternative. Which is why the community basically hasn't moved an inch in the last 25 years.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
I would just state that while it is easy to poke holes in the official version of events, it is just as difficult to suggest a plausible alternative. Which is why the community basically hasn't moved an inch in the last 25 years.
The plausible alternative is that there was way more than one gunman, as the entry wounds into Kennedy's body, prove of their own accord.

When the people responsible for his assassination are the same ones charged with finding the truth, then only cover-ups & denials will ensue.

Anyone blind to the evil & crooked ways of the U.S govt & it's sundry shadowy intel organizations (Prefaced as they are upon NAZI Secret service tactics), clearly hasn't done any investigative homework of their own, these past 60 odd years or so.

Power Raid

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The plausible alternative is that there was way more than one gunman, as the entry wounds into Kennedy's body, prove of their own accord.

When the people responsible for his assassination are the same ones charged with finding the truth, then only cover-ups & denials will ensue.

Anyone blind to the evil & crooked ways of the U.S govt & it's sundry shadowy intel organizations (Prefaced as they are upon NAZI Secret service tactics), clearly hasn't done any investigative homework of their own, these past 60 odd years or so.
I 100% agree with this but really surprised someone involved hasn't opened their mouth as yet.

AFL Club
Richmond
Back in the day Presidents recorded their phone conversations.

This is a conversation between Lyndon Johnson and Warren Commission member Senator Richard Russell.

Pay special attention to the exchange at 2.15-2.22.

cannot

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond

JoondalupJ

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
No one really knows, and the one's that think they do, probably don't really know either.

There are a million theories, , the mob , the government , the CIA all these beat up stories for TV docos just confuse things even more, in 6 years it'll be 60 years since, no one will ever know for sure and who do know are dead.

Those who think they know are people with second and third hand information.

This dead horse needs to be left alone now!

JoondalupJ

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball

That's why this is a stupid dead subject.

Magruder

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton

Could that possibly be Lee Harvey Oswald photographed standing in the doorway of the depository just after the first shot?

Make of that what you will.
No he’s been identified as have all the three tramps and no none of them were CIA nor Woody Harrelson’s Dad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Adelaide
All the evidence points to alien brain snatchers.

The evidence clearly shows. The Killers had cloaking technology and provided Oswald with a weapon never seen before on this earth
that not only laser guided but rapid firing unlike anything we've ever seen.

And as a result of no brain in kennedy when he reached the morgue. They were brain snatchers. America was the greatest country in the world and as president the greatest man. So it makes sense aliens wanted his brain.

This is the only theory that that stands up to scrutiny of the forensic science known about the event.

There is one other theory but that involves it being a cia hit. they are the only ones capable of pulling off this event and covering it up. We know the cia are the good guys so it simply isn't possible.

Magruder

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
The only issue I have with the lone nut theory is that it is in essence a two lone nut theory.

The notion that LHO shot JFK from the TSD with a cheap carcano rifle and then was shot by Jack Ruby in a monumental series of security lapses , (with both assassins acting alone); is still by far the most plausible explanation.

But I quite like the Red Dwarf theory...

Baltimore Jack

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Conspiracy is perhaps that people (or organisations) knew of the plot by LHO and decided to either do nothing (i.e. allow it to happen) or allowed it to unfold by providing covert assistance.

Several more recent 'confessions' are available on YouTube and are quite interesting

Top Bottom