Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Shown plenty in his first 3 games. (Probably as much/more than JHF in comparison) and considering the injury interrupted season he has last year can only bode well for the future if he can stay on the park.

Funny, Wardlaw is given leniency due to injury and an interrupted pre season, JHF on the other hand and his injury concerns he carried last year and majority of the pre season, consistently gets overlooked by most North fans when he has a game below 25 disposals.

North were aware that Fabian, Kochie and others were working behind the scenes to white-ant us, but hoped Jason would at least honour his contract.
Wowser. So North knew he was a massive flight risk and still drafted him.

Maybe you maroons should have taken the seventy five picks Adelaide offered you for pick 1 then?
wouldn't be better than what we ended up getting from the Port/WC/GWS megadeal. I don't know why people keep banging on this like North lost him for nothing, getting Sheezel and Wardlaw in one go will be transformative for our club. It's a win/win.

wouldn't be better than what we ended up getting from the Port/WC/GWS megadeal. I don't know why people keep banging on this like North lost him for nothing, getting Sheezel and Wardlaw in one go will be transformative for our club. It's a win/win.

You were getting cheezels anyway.

If it's a win win, please inform the rest of the Victorian troglodytes who have decided booing JHF is the thing to do.

That's what I used to think and what used to be the case.

However I've noticed Vics are far more parochial since COVID.

I wouldn't have thought so, I am cheering for Freo tonight against Richmond and I would say most other vic club fans (whose ladder position is not affected by Freo in any way) feel the same.

If it is a Port Adelaide v Collingwood Grand Final (hypothetically) most neutral Vic club fans (except possibly North fans) would definitely support Port.

I wouldn't have thought so, I am cheering for Freo tonight against Richmond and I would say most other vic club fans (whose ladder position is not affected by Freo in any way) feel the same.

If it is a Port Adelaide v Collingwood Grand Final (hypothetically) most neutral Vic club fans (except possibly North fans) would definitely support Port.
Id prefer another lockdown 😂

JHF reminds me of Danger the way he moves , picks up and ball and runs. More polished by foot than Danger but so many similarities in the way he moves etc and it’s not just the socks up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North were aware that Fabian, Kochie and others were working behind the scenes to white-ant us, but hoped Jason would at least honour his contract.
Sounds like the work Collingwood did behind the scenes to secure Nathan Buckley after his first season with the Bears, despite Brisbane coach Robert Walls' hope that Bucks would give the Bears a few years to present their case.

Should we all collectively start booing Buckley whenever we see him because he didn't give the Bears a fair go?

Gee that has never happened in the AFL before. Wow that is scandalous. I wonder how Polec and Pittard ended up at North.

I'm kinda over the whole JHF saga and think the trade will end up being a blessing in disguise, but why is this brought up as an example?

Were both Pittard and Polec still under when they left?

Every game he contributes. Weather a big impact or just standing up in the important moments.

A bit of class that port has always missed.

All this talk of a bad attitude/lazy I don’t see it. One of the hardest two way runners at port

to be fair to his knockers, they wouldn't have known he was playing with very limiting leg issues last year. They should have reassessed after finding out, but I'd imagine they've done that by now. I always found it laughable that the attitude of a kid playing under duress under the worst coach of all time could be questioned. Kid is driven to win and he's playing under a bloke that demanded Paul Roos be isolated from the footy dept. We're talking about a level of toxicity/incompetence/ignorance that rivals the Burton/Pyke/campo/fraudan crows. Not sure if they're lucky or unlucky to have not lost more talent.

Port traded pick 8, their 2023 first round pick (currently 17), 43, 51 & 57 to secure Jason Horne-Francis and Junior Rioli. The rest was just swapping future picks in the same round. Port were still able to keep and use picks 36, 53 & 59.

Pretty good deal for Port. They secure a 19 year old generational talent in Horne-Francis who genuinely wants to play for them and has family connections to the club with his step-father playing for both the Power and the pre-AFL Port Magpies. Then they also add in a premiership-winning small forward in his physical prime who also happens to be a Rioli.

meanwhile, we crows pay 5 for a small forward. And we're still running Keays, Sloane and Laird as 3 of our 4-5 mids. They add JHF to Butters, Wines and Rozee with less capital used.

meanwhile, we crows pay 5 for a small forward. And we're still running Keays, Sloane and Laird as 3 of our 4-5 mids. They add JHF to Butters, Wines and Rozee with less capital used.
As I said, this is a great trade for port, but rankine is worth every bit of what you traded for him. It comes down to what you have in the trade period unfortunately.

As I said, this is a great trade for port, but rankine is worth every bit of what you traded for him. It comes down to what you have in the trade period unfortunately.

no way is a small forward worth 5, even though he is a high end version. And we saw GC send 7 with a player in a salary dump. We could have gotten him with 5 in the ND, no need to help a competitor improve. At worst we should have gotten a second or 2 back. We didn't have to use 4 in the Dawson deal and even put the first we used on the table with our 2 others trying to get 1 for JHF. The strategies deployed couldn't be more different, we all but thanked GC for only taking 5 from us. It's almost like we had Fagan back at the club demanding a deal get done.

Sounds like the work Collingwood did behind the scenes to secure Nathan Buckley after his first season with the Bears, despite Brisbane coach Robert Walls' hope that Bucks would give the Bears a few years to present their case.

Should we all collectively start booing Buckley whenever we see him because he didn't give the Bears a fair go?

I boo him because he's Nathan Buckley.

Who gets played by a 19 year old? Or was he 18 at the time? I guess the answer in this case is North. It has happened at other clubs.

What's intriquing about this case is what my son would call "the cope". That North are exhibiting such a fierce cope over their loss adds to their embarrassment.

Let it go.
It's a game.
Life is wonderful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back