Player Watch JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

So to abbreviate

Jhf that north paid pick 1 for was a future gun of the competition

Jhf that port traded for is crap

The draft is a crapshoot. JHF on athletic profile alone was a deserving number one pick. If he had the football talent and brain to match that athleticism, then he would have dominated all of the u18 rep games. Instead, he was very quiet in all of them.

It was a red flag at the time, but we all dismissed it. Daicos was running around piling up BOG after BOG, but we'd clutch onto the highlight or two from JHF that showed off his unreal athleticism. He'd go missing for weeks at a time in the SANFL, but a big game here and there was enough for us. Especially after the Prelim, which was by far his best game for the year. Big game player we all thought.

The draft is a crapshoot. JHF on athletic profile alone was a deserving number one pick. If he had the football talent and brain to match that athleticism, then he would have dominated all of the u18 rep games. Instead, he was very quiet in all of them.

It was a red flag at the time, but we all dismissed it. Daicos was running around piling up BOG after BOG, but we'd clutch onto the highlight or two from JHF that showed off his unreal athleticism. He'd go missing for weeks at a time in the SANFL, but a big game here and there was enough for us. Especially after the Prelim, which was by far his best game for the year. Big game player we all thought.

Lol gtfo

North supporters believed jhf was a gun up until the moment he asked for a trade.

To turn around now and pretend otherwise is mind boggling stupid.

So to abbreviate

That's not what he said at all lol

Lol gtfo

North supporters believed jhf was a gun up until the moment he asked for a trade.

But Mixed Results doesn't represent the collective North supporters, unless I missed that memo somewhere.

Even myself still believe he will be a very good player, trolling aside, if he was playing the entire 2022 injured then he should be set for a very strong 2023 don't you think?

Lol gtfo

I have never seen a player go so quickly from being "a future star of the competition", the player who North would build their club around and who was going to be convinced to stay by the Clarko to then being "a cancer who the club is better off without"

Then there is also going from, "Draft Picks alone wont get the Trade done", "You need to give up Butter/Rozee and your first pick or Geordiades and 2 first round picks" before the Trade too then being "haha we got all your draft picks, Sheezel will be better anyway" after the trade.

So to abbreviate

Yes, why is that so hard to understand??

I have never seen a player go so quickly from being "a future star of the competition", the player who North would build their club around and who was going to be convinced to stay by the Clarko to then being "a cancer who the club is better off without"

Well, yeah, Jason created that by walking out on us and his management bagging us as he did it.

It was ugly stuff that showed us a lot about his character we'd been trying ignore all year.

It was ugly stuff that showed us a lot about his character we'd been trying ignore all year.
Would it have been better if the club didn't ignore the character of any of their employees when deciding to keep them on? This seems to be what either gets clubs into trouble or gets them success. Trying to balance how much the AFL will cover up, or how much the media will let a club's employees get away with before they back up their dump truck full of manure, seems to be a dicey proposition.

Well, yeah, Jason created that by walking out on us and his management bagging us as he did it.

Well, certainly seems to be a lot more serious ugly stuff that is being ignored at Arden St that might be showing up some of the clubs true character.

Lol gtfo

Nobody in their right mind was claiming JHF last year was a gun.

As a potential gun sure. Given the level of investment that we had in him, it was only natural for us to hyperfocus on his strengths and hope that he'd overcome his weaknesses. At his best, JHF is freakish. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun when he runs over another player while he bursts down the wing towards the forward line. Every so often he'll probably turn those moments into GOTY contenders. However, the facts are that at this stage he is nothing more than a freak athlete.

His disposal is poor, his attitude is poor, his onfield work ethic is poor, and he loses composure easily. You've paid top dollar for a premium ball of clay, but now it's up to you guys to mould it into something great and have him reach his enormous potential. You're not getting a Nick Daicos or Sam Walsh type who were good footballers in their first year. You're getting someone who you hope can work on their game and become a star.

He still may do that, in fact that may be the more likely outcome, but the facts are that the JHF that we saw last year has a long way to go before he can be considered a gun of the competition.

Would it have been better if the club didn't ignore the character of any of their employees when deciding to keep them on? This seems to be what either gets clubs into trouble or gets them success. Trying to balance how much the AFL will cover up, or how much the media will let a club's employees get away with before they back up their dump truck full of manure, seems to be a dicey proposition.

I get you but he's a kid and had moved away from home. We'd made a big investment.

He hadn't done anything shockingly bad, it was more worrying signs re application and maturity.

Plenty of players have overcome that to become champions.

But Jason's taken the easy way out here, which isn't a great sign going forward

But Jason's taken the easy way out here, which isn't a great sign going forward
Leaving the double wooden spooners for more money? Just about anyone would. I can't see that as a big negative against him, but I haven't watched him at all I don't think. Haven't seen much of the JHF drama to be honest.

In general, soon as a club sees no place for a player and sees no gain in trying to make a place, the player is sent packing. Why should a player be any different when they consider which club to play for?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simply,
Leaving the double wooden spooners for more money? Just about anyone would. I can't see that as a big negative against him, but I haven't watched him at all I don't think. Haven't seen much of the JHF drama to be honest.

In general, soon as a club sees no place for a player and sees no gain in trying to make a place, the player is sent packing. Why should a player be any different when they consider which club to play for?
Clubs generally have to honour contracts

Well, certainly seems to be a lot more serious ugly stuff that is being ignored at Arden St that might be showing up some of the clubs true character.

Such as? A player being charged with not actually sending a N00d?

The more money stuff is just untrue. If it were about money he could have got FAR more by staying at us and only signing short term extensions and holding us over a barrel with the go home threat. He's cost himself millions by signing this deal.

Players should be different because they have contracts to honour (in theory). Jason said he wanted to be pick 1, he knew which club had pick 1, he went in with his eyes open.

Did you just compare threatening to send an intimate image with "sending a n00d"?

Yes.

You just compared threats to kill with threatening to send an intimate image ffs.

Anyway, good to see you targeting a vulnerable indigenous player in Tarryn Thomas.

Maybe he should put on a Hawthorn jumper from 2011 and you'll suddenly think he's an angel, capable of no wrong.

Nobody in their right mind was claiming JHF last year was a gun.

As a potential gun sure. Given the level of investment that we had in him, it was only natural for us to hyperfocus on his strengths and hope that he'd overcome his weaknesses. At his best, JHF is freakish. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun when he runs over another player while he bursts down the wing towards the forward line. Every so often he'll probably turn those moments into GOTY contenders. However, the facts are that at this stage he is nothing more than a freak athlete.

His disposal is poor, his attitude is poor, his onfield work ethic is poor, and he loses composure easily. You've paid top dollar for a premium ball of clay, but now it's up to you guys to mould it into something great and have him reach his enormous potential. You're not getting a Nick Daicos or Sam Walsh type who were good footballers in their first year. You're getting someone who you hope can work on their game and become a star.

He still may do that, in fact that may be the more likely outcome, but the facts are that the JHF that we saw last year has a long way to go before he can be considered a gun of the competition.
I feel that you, like just about everyone, overrates what is expected of rookie players.

JHF had a perfectly fine 1st season. Even with injury concerns.

I feel that you, like just about everyone, overrates what is expected of rookie players.

JHF had a perfectly fine 1st season. Even with injury concerns.

I agree with what you have stated here, but I don't see the relevance in regard to my post.

I was kind to JHF's potential in my post, which was more about the fact that he needs a lot more seasoning and development before he can be considered worthy of the price Port paid.

You've taken a phenomenal athlete, but one that has only ever performed well in the middle for the SANFL u18s, which is a very low-standard competition. He had opportunities in the middle during a few rep games, but was consistently quiet and outshone by other prospects. He played midfield for us and, while there is the excuse of it being his first year, he is yet to prove himself as a future midfield gun of the competition.

I don't know how anyone can disagree with the statement that JHF needs a lot of improvement before he can be considered worthy of the price Port paid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back