Welcome to East Germany JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'll give you a heads up not many outside of Victoria give a rats about Carlton & Collingwood either.
Haha, what a comeback, that's like a little child telling his big brother, "no you are"

Both those clubs (and more Vic clubs) have many supporters outside Vic, you wont find many Port supporters outside SA.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
And there will most likely be a thread about it with Port supporters crying "what about me"

Or VIC-Bias :)

I believe Carlton had the biggest home game Crowd attendance last season, we are still major players in this league, even when not successful on field

I'll give you a heads up not many outside of Victoria give a rats about Carlton & Collingwood either.

Oh come on, that's simply not true. I'd like to think even the most biased interstate fan could admit that Vic clubs are inherently more relevant than non-Vic clubs.

What does it sum up?
Mentioning the ice bath is odd, and if Cornes had half an idea, he would realise it actually goes against the picture he is trying to paint of JHF.

Whether it was an ice bath, not attending a player meeting or training run it doesn’t matter. All it shows was that a 1st year player didn’t want to follow the club policy.

Cornes thinks it’s frivolous. But if the clubs were swapped, no doubt he would be damning on it.

This sums it all up pretty concisely from Kane.

“Horne-Francis wasn't under police investigation. He didn't lose his license, he didn't drive without a license, and wasn't arrested or charged with a crime. He missed an ice bath. He was homesick and he played like a frustrated teenager at a poor football club.”

Exactly. He wanted to be number 1 pick and was then stunned he ended up a club struggling onfield.

So cracked the sads, didn't do the work required and ran home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Exactly. He wanted to be number 1 pick and was then stunned he ended up a club struggling onfield.

So cracked the sads, didn't do the work required and ran home.

JH-F told North he would be very upset if they bid on Nick Daicos at pick 1, and they (North) did it and tried their best (even if it probably wasn't great) to make JH-F happy in Melbourne.

Truth is as an outside observer, both parties are to blame, I know he is a kid/teenager but JH-F deserves some criticism for not buying into the North system and giving them a fair go (there would be far less controversial and outrage if he left at the end of 2023, for example)

By the same token, JH-F does not deserve the torrent of abuse and sledging he cops from North fans (although understandable)

At the end of the day, North made the most out of an unfortunate situation with the compo they got, and Port got a future captain and multiple AA player (i assume) in Horne-Francis.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
You people are painful. not one funny or clever post/er in 70 pages. Everyone who posts regularly on this board deserves to go to hell.

Have a good day :thumbsu:

I heard Alberton is just a stone's throw away from Hell :)

You people are painful. not one funny or clever post/er in 70 pages. Everyone who posts regularly on this board deserves to go to hell.

Have a good day :thumbsu:

Did you read any of my posts????

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

The irony of a Port supporter trying to argue that no one outside of Victoria gives a s**t about Collingwood when Port couldn't spend much more time giving a s**t about Collingwood and the prison bar jumper.

JimmyBC

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The irony of a Port supporter trying to argue that no one outside of Victoria gives a s**t about Collingwood when Port couldn't spend much more time giving a s**t about Collingwood and the prison bar jumper.
Ah yes because an archaic wardrobe issue between two clubs heightens their relevance.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Ah yes because an archaic wardrobe issue between two clubs heightens their relevance.

It's pretty hard to argue that Collingwood isn't the most recognised sports club in the country, hardly 'irrelevant' outside of Victoria. Carlton and Essendon wouldn't be too far behind, there's a strong cohort of Essendon supporters in WA for example.

JHF hates losing, so him and North were never going to be compatible. Goldstein would be well and truly used to losing every week by now so he was much more zen about the whole thing.

Todd's played in two losing prelims, which is exactly what Port have managed in the last 15 years.

What does it sum up?
Mentioning the ice bath is odd, and if Cornes had half an idea, he would realise it actually goes against the picture he is trying to paint of JHF.

Whether it was an ice bath, not attending a player meeting or training run it doesn’t matter. All it shows was that a 1st year player didn’t want to follow the club policy.

Cornes thinks it’s frivolous. But if the clubs were swapped, no doubt he would be damning on it.
Driving without a license is against club policy too, surely?

Oh come on, that's simply not true. I'd like to think even the most biased interstate fan could admit that Vic clubs are inherently more relevant than non-Vic clubs.
That's not true.
Adelaide and not-Adelaide are very relevant.

Todd's played in two losing prelims, which is exactly what Port have managed in the last 15 years.
He also plays for a team which has won 9 games over the last three seasons. Port haven't won less than 10 games in one season since 2012.

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
The Kangaroos finished bottom of the ladder, when West Coast played multiple games during the year with top up players that only met their teammates on the Friday before the game.

All clubs have downcycles, but if you're a small club (I think we can all agree that by any metric North are a small club) struggles (see GC player loses compared to GWS who have had more success and retained players better over the long term) then its going to be very very hard to retain talent, especially when every man and their dog knew JHF wanted to be in South Australia before he was drafted.

Actually Collingwood are the ones who give a s**t about our jumper. Nobody at Port has ever tried to stop Collingwood wearing anything.

Back