Welcome to East Germany JHF - Jason Horne-Francis

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I genuinely think north tried to support JHF but JHF didn’t want it.

At any rate I’m coming around to blaming noble for this situation. It might have been great if JHF gave it a shot with Clarko and the overhaul of the off field staff but at any rate he’s gone and the bridge is burned.

Cornes framing it as north giving up on him is pretty s**t though.

Yeah but it's Kane Cornes, what do you expect?

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

FourthTimeAround

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2022
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Its not as is Port aside from 2004, have been going great guns since they entered the comp in 1997.

We exist to win premierships ? Oh that's rich.
It was all right when you were a big fish in a small pond, but now that you have entered the ocean, you have devolved from a Piranha to a gold fish :)
That last sentence is like you’re talking to a mirror.

Jan 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
He is on the training track from what i've seen, moving super free and probably gained a yard which is hardly surprising considering the leg issue he was carrying.
I feel sorry for North supporters as their medical team failed Jason and North, as well as he played early, never got to witness him unrestricted.
He's going to be scary good once he gets full confidence back.

OK so success=training the house down. Lots of success around this time of year.

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
Driving without a license is against club policy too, surely?
Not disputing that. TT has his issues and I'm sure North would be reading the riot act to him. But I'm just trying to understand what Cornes is attemtping to compare here. Is he saying TT has received preferential treatment over JHF? I'm sure if we were in the middle of the season and the coach was questioned on the events, he may remark on it. May be dropped to the 2nds (it's not as if TT wasn't dropped from the senior side last season).

So, I'm just wondering why he relates TT's behavior to JHF's.

Sure, the club wasn't great last year. But they acknowledged that and have made significant changes including grabbing arguably the best coach in the game over the past 20 years. A coach we all know wants to win and will be more than simply a coach for the club.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
That's not true. We only give s s**t about our own jumper, and don't think you should be trying to wear it.

To be fair, it's only the colours Port want to wear a couple of times a season (which is fair enough really)

Massive difference between the Pies stripes and the Port Prison Bars.

I side with Port Adelaide on this issue tbh.

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
OK so success=training the house down. Lots of success around this time of year.
I dont recall discussing success, neither did the post I responded to so im not sure why you are.
He's showing positive signs on the training track like many are all around the comp, not a bad start for a kid who just had both legs opened up.

VinnieB

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
JHF will be a complete gun. I do sympathise with North's supporter. It's a bitter pill to take. It's like those American movies where the plain nerd asks the hottest girl to the Prom, but she ends up dumping him for the hotter guy. Unlike those movies there isn't a happy ending for the unloved nerd though..
You haven't seen 'Revenge of the Nerds'?

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I get the feeling people not from Victoria think Victorians care a whole lot more about what they're doing than Victorians actually do.

Collingwood has a much bigger reach outside their home state than any of the WA / SA clubs. Sydney (being ex South Melbourne) might be the only non-VIC club with meaningful support outside their home state, meanwhile Essendon, Collingwood and Carlton all have good support outside of Victoria.

Congratulations on existing before the younger clubs

Massive achievement

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
i dont think any brisbane supporters or the club itself consider port adelaide a rival
Reckon thers been polls on your bigfooty board that rank Port second behind Collingwood as your biggest rival. Only team to beat you in a GF might be the reason. It's not a biggy but it's definitely there and there are quite a few Brisbane supporters that feel this way.

FourthTimeAround

Cancelled
Jun 6, 2022
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Speak for yourself, plenty disagree. Anyone who isn't 15yo would remember.

Port and Brisbane had a great history for a decade or more.
Late 90's, 2 draws and a 2 point margin in first 3 games, Stuart Dew screwing up a kick out with 15 seconds to play.
Early 00's, 2 teams undisputably at the top of the AFL, played some sensational H&A games, finished 6-6 through 2001-4 I think, a couple of intense finals at the Gabba, only Port Adelaide screwing up a couple of finals prevented a GF dynasty between the two.
Late 00's, waning a bit as both teams came off their high point, but I recall a couple of great Brisbane comebacks against us, in the order of 8-10 goals, one in the pouring rain

Back