Roomie Jibber-Jabber Random Chatter

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
wolf-photo.jpg

I want him/her.

the lone wolf?

No, just a wolf. Or a husky.

I noticed on the Freo thread there was an interesting topic brewing, however off topic for that thread.
Id like to say something about the Bloods without starting its own thread.
I dont like people from Melbourne implying they know more because of their roots, especially from those who probably werent even born when we moved.

For those that think just because youre from South you are a Blood or if you have played or supported the club all your life you are automatically in so to speak.. A 'True Blood' to be more precise. If you believe that then you have absolutely no idea what the term 'Bloods' means..
The 'Bloods' is like a culture, a mindset, for the romantic types a spirit. Its belief, it started 100yrs ago at the club, it was something to be proud of, never give up, glass always half full, pick each other up.. fight, fight, fight..etc.. kind of a brotherhood.

You could walk down Clarendon St and just nod your head at fellow Blood supporters, you didnt know them but you felt related in a strange way just like Im sure Sydneysiders feel when the spot a bit of red and white on someone.
Every single player, supporter, etc, etc all adds to it and its still growing to this day but now more so in Sydney.. It doesnt have a home.. anyone who claims to be a 'TrueBlood' more than anyone else has either watched too many vampire movies or doesnt have a clue about it and is more than likely showboating or causing trouble. Its like telling a catholic that you are Jesus Christ. You would look like an idiot.
If you embrace the culture, club spirit etc, you are a Blood, doesnt matter where you come from or when. We are all Bloods.
Anyway end rant..

Go Bloods!

You could walk down Clarendon St and just nod your head at fellow Blood supporters, you didnt know them but you felt related in a strange way just like Im sure Sydneysiders feel when the spot a bit of red and white on someone.

Good post and I like the part I've quoted especially.

I'm am not from Sydney nor did I grow up here, I find that (apart from when the Olympics were on) Sydney siders don't really give each other the time of day in passing. The only time I have felt other wise is when I happen to be wearing a Swannies cap during the week and I get nods from like minded people or on occasion vocal support for the team, likewise I give the nod or say hello to others.

Game day is different of course as we are all in our colours, but I love for those of us who get public transport to the ground, the moment you see a fellow supporter decked out in red and white your heart lifts, then through the journey you see more and more of us untill you are surrounded by the colour, discussion and excitement outside the ground.

There is a strong sense of fellowship amongst supporters in this town, maybe because we are the persecuted minority in the home of NRL, but I think it's because we all have the same religion, the Bloods culture lives on and I'm proud to have it flow through my veins.

Agreed.

800 more words in under 12 hours. It's on. COME AT ME ESSAY/UNI.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MY BABYY CAR IS BACKKK!!!

With new brakes :)

I know! #ilyilyilyilyilyilyilyilyilyilyilycan'tlivewithoutit.

Jameson MmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmM.

Square slice mMMMMmmmmMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmMmMmMmMmmmMM.......:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back