Jim Bartel

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
Geelong champion Jimmy Bartel will miss at least two months of AFL football after scans revealed a torn medial ligament in a knee.

Bartel, 31, will on Thursday go under the knife to repair the damage, the Cats said in a statement today.

The Brownlow medallist suffered the tear in a collision with Gold Coast's Michael Rischitelli in the Cats' win over the Suns at Simonds Stadium on Sunday.

I am Jack

Premiership Player
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Team GGG Golovkin
Great career Jimmy. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

I am Jack

Premiership Player
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Team GGG Golovkin
Four year contract on the table from franchise 3 Gold Coast Suns.

Bartel is done, stick a fork in him. He has been a solid contributor for the Cats, but all careers come to an end.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
He's obviously a couple of years past his prime, and will miss a significant chunk of this season, but if fit, I still think he's got another couple of seasons of good footy in him yet.

He's missed just 6 of the past 75 games Geelong have played (start of 2012-present), so he's been remarkably durable in the latter stages of his career, and both of his injuries this year have been caused by collisions, so it's not a case of his body failing him or chronic/repetitive strains or sprains (eg. Paul Chapman and his hamstrings) causing him to appear "done". He'll bounce back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 22, 2000
Calling Wambulances for the Geelong whiners
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ford
One serious injury away from retirement one would think.
wile-e-coyote-genius.gif

So he's just like ANY player 30 or over

Sad to see a long term injury but some talk like he is dead, i would back him to play again this year from what i read, has a good footy brain, was never speedy

Wish him a speedy recovery, great player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back