Jim Courier

Remove this Banner Ad

SorryIHammerChicken said:
lol, you mean when she bagged him about his hair and then he leaned over and grabbed a few locks of hers? after that ad break kylie gillies said "now that naughty jim courier's out of the studio - us girls are running the show".

i was very disappointed when i found out the Mac wasn't on this year's coverage but jim's done a great job. hes a great analyst, can be dryly funny at times (not as funny as the mac) and like the mac, his interviews are great.

Agreed. There is something about the American sense of humour. I'm a big fan of both.

I hate how he always talks about what players are thinking. That's the worst element of tennis commentary - they tend to lapse into sports psychology 101.

And he oversells his time as a player. Like when Safin missed match points he was like "I know what that's like - I've been there. I know that mistake". He always says that: "I know. I've been there".

But he unloaded on John Alexander about being "like a broken record". Priceless!

I think Jim has been brillant, seems like a great bloke to have a laugh and a few beers with, hope he comes back next year.

SYDNEY_EAGLE said:
But he unloaded on John Alexander about being "like a broken record". Priceless!
That was fantastic. I'm sick of JA and others criticising every single drop shot. Jim was right on the ball, we want to see genious. But Roger did flirt with his brilliance by playing the between the legs shot on match point up. He had plenty of time, and little did he know, he wouldn't get another match point.

The Courier spanking of JA was the best match of the tournament :D

No wonder McEnroe didn't want to come out, he could write his own cheque and it wouldn't be enough to put up with that ********er.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back