Jim Maxwell has lost the plot

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
exactly. Gerard begrudging talks about non-Vic teams at the best of times.

Always chuckle at this, the most parochial isolated state that is never that far from a secession referendum and which gave us George Grljusich and Howard Sattler, is the first to call out others for parochialism.

Oct 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Liverpool, Cardinals
No matter how bad he is or gets he will still never match Pietersen for ultimate shiteness.

He latches on to one point and says it over and over and over like there is only room for one point in his tiny noggin. If he irritated his teammates the way he irritates me, now wonder they ditched him the way they did. I would have pushed him under a bus.

Fortunately, there is a mute button on the remote

Cricket commentators on the radio have to be a little bit kooky.
Show me a cricket tragic that isn't a bit f***ed in the head. We sit in the sun for five days and are perfectly happy to go home with no result. We're idiots.

04 Durif

All Australian
Jun 6, 2011
Albury
AFL Club
Carlton
Listening to the start of play and Jim is cooked. Dirk Nannes struggling to get anything approaching coherent conversation going with him.
He was very good but I think it’s time to pull up

Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
Didn't fall out, he needed a good rest and re-assurance. Believe he is ok these days, thanks to Dame Karen ?.

Yes Glenn was darn good, the Oracle.
Yeah, pretty sure Glen Mitchell suffered from depression, and made an attempt to end his own life. Karen Tighe would sometimes provide "He's going okay, getting the help he needs" updates for ABC audiences when she was on.

Ohitsthatguy

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Feel bad for Jim, has had a great career but is definitely struggling at the moment.

On the plus side Katich is excellent on ABC, worth listening to.

gordo2016

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
Footscray, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah, pretty sure Glen Mitchell suffered from depression, and made an attempt to end his own life. Karen Tighe would sometimes provide "He's going okay, getting the help he needs" updates for ABC audiences when she was on.
He suffered badly from depression and went close to making an attempt on his life. He was sitting in a car ready to end it, but a stranger came across him and talked him out of it. Karen found a hose in his car and immediately sought help for him. After that he worked for Lifeline, with a campaign to reduce suicide rates among men. Think he is in a much better place now.

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
You are kidding right? Those blokes would laugh for five minutes over their own farts.

I like comedy being added into cricket whether playing or watching, it's a bloody long day if you're going to be serious all day but each to their own. Think it's a good balance between serious and informative cricket talk and having a laugh which to me has always been what the game is about. They bring in loads of former players with character, they don't miss out on the action or the details of the match at all and the bring some comedy to it.

If you'r humor isn't inline with that and you just want serious then that's fine, there is always the ABC for a long day or serious cricket.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
So bloody sick of his whinging over the new Perth Stadium.

Ha. I came here to see if he was still doing that. Listened to days 1 & 2 on the radio and he brought it up every time he was on, then attended day 3 with no radio and am now watching day 4 on Channel 9. Will tune into the radio again tomorrow at work and I assume he'll still be banging on about it.

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Cricket should be played in cricket grounds, not stadiums.

Completely overlooks the fact that the WACA is more of a s**t stadium than it is a traditional cricket ground with white picket fence, 100 year old pavilions etc.

Says the bloke put up in good conditions every game he goes to, at the taxpayer's expense. Those taxpayers sitting in the sun all day.

I mean i get his point but I think some of these tossers are so far removed from the everyday fan's experience they just have no clue.

Back