World Cup Jimeoin - The Full Brazilian

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. Said something about him crying cos he didn't like his haircut.

Absolutely disgusting.

Ouch... hopefully he didn't know the story behind it.

As far as gaffes go that ranks up there with the journo who wrote an article criticising Michael C. Hall (Dexter) for wearing a beanie while accepting an award, not realising he was in the middle of chemo treatment.

Is that the one whose Dad had died two hours before kick-off?

Yes. Said something about him crying cos he didn't like his haircut.

Absolutely disgusting.

Ouch... hopefully he didn't know the story behind it.

As far as gaffes go that ranks up there with the journo who wrote an article criticising Michael C. Hall (Dexter) for wearing a beanie while accepting an award, not realising he was in the middle of chemo treatment.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-20/ivorian-die-sheds-tears-for-world-cup-not-dad/5538134

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...of-fathers-death-before-kickoff-30370596.html

His father died in 2004.

Edit: Jimeon did know the story :D

Last edited:
Was wondering if anyone saw this last night. I was half occupied so I didn't see it all.

But all of a sudden Jimeon started talking about the Vietnam/China dispute over contested waters. He asked Kenny what he thought, and as Kenny was talking about it, soccer balls were being thrown to Jimeon and all of a sudden everyone started kicking the ball around. This happened for about 5-7 seconds then it was an awkward cut to a commercial by the bearded guy.
Theories:

1) It was a failed ploy to attempt to talk about something serious and undermine/emphasise their ignorance about the issue. And it wasn't as funny as they thought.

2) It was a serious attempt to talk about something serious, and the producers said 'oh no' and just threw balls in to stop it.

3) Jimeon just had a brain snap and started talking crap about a serious issue of nation sovereignty, handed a cold bomb question to Kenny, and the producers stepped in.

Seriously one of the weirdest things I've seen on television.

Just appalling as everyone's said, that woman in the middle is supposed to play the mediator and instead comes across as a know it all and totally devoid of any wit, intelligence, and talent.

Just a bunch of unfunny hacks who'd be unable to string together a decent program in a week, let alone in about 12 hours. Nothing good is going to come from no material for a month, no time, and some talentless panellists. It's just s**t.

Most sports comedies are bad in general. Santo, Sam, and Ed is simply inexcusably bad as well. Just three cookie-cutter arseholes thinking they're quirky and cool because one's old, one's lanky, and one's some little shortarse.

And 'guests' like Ian Dickson or whatever his name is? Boring shits like John Aloisi? Doomed to fail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely go out of my way – especially considering people like Santo, Sam, and Shithead on here

If you'd made your point normally people wouldn't have had an issue with it. Instead you decided to call Cup Fever 'inexcusably bad', which is as close to being objectively wrong as you can get with television shows. You could've said 'I didn't find it funny', and that'd be fine - it wasn't high quality comedy.

But who cares? It didn't need to be, it was fun and, often funny as well. I'd say it was the best sports round up show in Aus since The Ice Dream (and therefore better than The Dream in Athens).

Instead, you tried to make it out as being a travesty that it simply wasn't. And you do this all the time about everything. It's grating, and it often means when you make a good point it gets hidden behind this veil of exaggeration. Why do it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back