Team Captain
Oct 25, 2006
Ballarat/Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Chelsea
Just a Question of curiosity

Out of all the Geelong players who do think has the chance of making the biggest name for there selves in the future personally I reckon we have a good list that all players are capable but the man who stands out the most for me would be Jimmy Bartel I love the way he plays and so do many other people he is courageous and all his attributes are of top standards.

What does everyone believe or think?

He is a star, and along with G Ablett, should be a successful pair in the future, not to mention some of the others

CatmanForever said:
Bartel hasnt stepped up since his good 2005. Played solid this year but not to his potential. Kelly needs to improve and Ablett can be a star

Yer but he maintained a very good and consistant season still and did his role there isnt much Bartel could do when the team didn't function properly. Maybe if Geelong lift there game in 2007 Bartel will show what he is really made of just like Gazza Ablett, Chapman, Corey etc....

gamble and prisnall look to be of high quality to me ,rated makie in midfeild but a fit s.johnson would really hurt teams [than god collingwood didn't get him].still miss b.mollony

PetePop said:
Yep made his name playing against Port but he was a mature recruit
in the AFL he played bench/half forward, in VFL played midfeild and killed it better than kelly for me ,next year who knows [should have been drafted 2-4 years earlier]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

, he is at the age now where he should be at his best so this year will have to be a good one.[/QUOTE]
agree but SAFL is a lot different and slower than AFL this year will make or break him [endurance the key] plenty of ability

jess_555 said:
Ryan Gamble #15. This kido is a gun and a high flyer. Seen him play several times in the VFL in season 06. Hopefully he will get a spot in the senior team for some of 2007. I'd say look out for him in the NAB/Wizard/whateverthehellitscalled Cup. :)
can take a hanger ,so i've heard

PetePop said:
lol yep thats what my man Jimmy Bartel said in he's London report things he took a screamer but droped it

gamblebf1.jpg

PetePop said:
lol where did you get that picture from.
That is a massive leap. I hope he plays next year he played alright in the London game kicked 4 goals

I yoinked it from another thread :p

Yeah he looks the goods. Hopefully a lot of the boys can step up next year. Our future forward line with SJ, Gaz/Chappy, Stokes, Gamble and Nablett and Hawkins coming through could be one of the better forward setups in the league.

burto said:

Yeah he looks the goods. Hopefully a lot of the boys can step up next year. Our future forward line with SJ, Gaz/Chappy, Stokes, Gamble and Nablett and Hawkins coming through could be one of the better forward setups in the league.

very true and dont forget playfair if he can find his form i think with the players you mentioned we will have 1 of the best foward lines but we still need that full foward player maybe Gazza Ablett will be just like his father

burto said:

totally agree and with a quality midfeilder like jetta or selwood it looks good . people forget we have one of the youngest lists in the AFL [top 4 for me]

ablett5 said:
totally agree and with a quality midfeilder like jetta or selwood it looks good . people forget we have one of the youngest lists in the AFL [top 4 for me]

top 4? I hope so we have a very young talented list we deserve to be up there fingers crossed

dogs[early rnd at telstra dome up by 3 goals in 3rd q.] tigers[up by 3goals in 3rd q at home],eagles [9 goals up at 1/2 time ].and the dee's twice[m.c.g wet friday night up by 3 goals in 3rd quater,and at home fitness killed us in that draw].turn those 5 games around and we would have been in top 4-6 .but i'm not a fan of mark thompsons coaching

Remove this Banner Ad

Back