Jimmy Toumpas - traded to Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Got the Greek! Toumpas Time!

So stoked we landed this jet and love his enthusiasm in his interview. Clearly wrapped to be apart of the MFC 

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome aboard Jimmy Toumpas! Very happy with this selection now. Seems very eager to get stuck into it. Can't wait for 2013! :)
Got the right bloke. Good luck to Wines at the Power though. Least he didn't have to play for the dogs ;)

His real name. They call him Jimmy coz he looks so much like his late Grandfater, which is nice :)

Sort of..

James/Jimmy is the anglo version of Dimitri (as Darksidepoints has just pointed out).

Also, in Greek culture, the first born son in any family is named after his fathers father - so Jimmy's must be the oldest son, and his grandfather would have been named Dimitri/Jimmy.

Sort of..

James/Jimmy is the anglo version of Dimitri (as Darksidepoints has just pointed out).

Also, in Greek culture, the first born son in any family is named after his fathers father - so Jimmy's must be the oldest son, and his grandfather would have been named Dimitri/Jimmy.

His name is in fact Dimitri. Born two years to the day after his grandfather died, Toumpas says that as he began to look and behave so much like his late grandfather, everyone started to call him Jimmy.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/young-guns-from-the-south-aiming-at-draft-20121120-29o3p.html#ixzz2CwnLa9GD

Jimmy, Dmitri, Bob, Cale, who cares, we got him!

JT #2 just interviewed on SEN - sounded genuinely pumped to be at the Dees!

...and yeah if he wasn't overly keen on us he's a bloody good actor. Couldn't keep the smile off his face. We got another Eagles player and a Norwood player also so they'll help each other settle in.

I'll just call him 'The Greek'

The_Wire_The_Greek.jpg

Couldn't be more thrilled with the selection. From the look of the Greek at the draft, neither could he. :D

Awesome.

I can't wait to see both Toumpas and big Viney in the Red and Blue next year!

finally some excitement, our team is slowly getting into good shape..

would love to see the interview though!

I think its more to do with the fact he knows he won't be playing against Jack Viney. He's already had injury problems, probably a weight off his mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back