DOB: 2/1/1994
Club: Woodville West Torrens
Debut: NA
Games: NA
Goals: NA

Club Profile

Demonwiki

AFL Player Assessment said:
Energetic medium midfielder with outstanding work ethic and big aerobic capacity. Terrific ball winner and weights his kicks extremely well. Impressive for SA in 2011 NAB AFL Under-18 Championships and in the senior SANFL Grand Final, when he was among the best for 2011 Premiers, Woodville West Torrens. Won All Australian honours this year averaging 22.2 disposals. AIS-AFL Academy Graduate
Welcome to the club, Jimmy! :thumbsu:

MFC: Neeld eases Toumpas pressure

Although Neeld is optimistic about Toumpas making his AFL debut in 2013, he indicated the club would not add extra pressure to him next year.

“As a footy club, with Jimmy and Jack Viney and when Jesse Hogan starts, we want to make sure we’re setting realistic expectations,” he said.

MFC: Pre-season update: Hogan to Dawes

5. Jimmy Toumpas
Like our other first-year players, Jimmy has been eased into the program. But the small glimpses we’ve seen from him so far on the park have been very impressive. We like it when he has the ball in his hands, as he has time and is a very good user.

Brian Royal

MFC: Toumpas still buzzing
If you want to sense the buzz that comes to a player one month into their lifelong dream, check out Melbourne's Jimmy Toumpas.

He has a bounce in his step and a grin that makes the Luna Park entrance look like the Mona Lisa.

Just wondering how he is going? watched abit off the first half off yesterdays game and looks likle he has good skills so thought id ask the melbourne fans if you think he is the right choice at 4 and abit more info on him thanks.

Jimmy has shown glimpse so far. He looked nervous the first few rounds and had a spell innthe VFL where he played well. Came back in and looked a little more confident but unfortunately got subbed off injured. I look forward to tracking his progress over the next season or 2

He was impressive in the nab cup but than again, Melbourne as a team were much better so he had the support.

He's being managed well I think (shame about the ankle injury) and if yesterday's game proved anything it's that we need better skilled players. Getting him at 4 was a no brainer from that pov. Not to say Wines or any other prospective draftees around that mark have poor disposal but I think once Jimmy gets his tank and confidence up people will appreciate what he brings to our side.

He's being managed well I think (shame about the ankle injury) and if yesterday's game proved anything it's that we need better skilled players. Getting him at 4 was a no brainer from that pov. Not to say Wines or any other prospective draftees around that mark have poor disposal but I think once Jimmy gets his tank and confidence up people will appreciate what he brings to our side.
Well said! Was really impressed with his decision making in stages and his kicking is exactly what we need...in saying that Davey's kicking was outstanding yesterday. I would like to see him working with the young guys in the team to sharpen up their kicking skills!

Yep, well said Rand. Watching Davey hit targets yesterday shows us how much we need a few of those types of players in our side. Jimmy, in time, will be one of them.

Although Jimmy only got the four touches in about 1 and a 1/2 quarters I did think he looked a lot more comfortable out there, still probably doesn't know where and when to run - especially following his man (Ellis, who did get most of his ball in the back half though - a fair few chips).

Looked more at ease with the speed.

Although Jimmy only got the four touches in about 1 and a 1/2 quarters I did think he looked a lot more comfortable out there, still probably doesn't know where and when to run - especially following his man (Ellis, who did get most of his ball in the back half though - a fair few chips).

Looked more at ease with the speed.
Still reckon the pace of the game is too quick for him, I like what you said last week, play him off the half back where he could get a few extra touches and slowly get used to the pace of the game.

Looks like he knows what he is doing a lot more than he did in his first few games. Pace of the game is an issue but he will iron that out. Will use the ball well when he finds it. We have to remember that he is not an in and under player and he has to get the ball distributed to him. Once this happens I reckon he will become a really good player. I think we are managing him well, unlike what we did with Watts where we showed the AFL world "Hey, look at our new toy!" I reckon he will be a star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a few bean poles on our list. I hope there is a slight shift towards/increase in weight training in the next pre-season.

Thought he was playing well before his injury on sunday. There was a time in the first quarter i think, he made a really good run off his opponent and should've got it but we turned it over in the middle.

He's getting there, some aren't going to come straight into AFL and dominate such as O'Merea.

Thought he was playing well before his injury on sunday. There was a time in the first quarter i think, he made a really good run off his opponent and should've got it but we turned it over in the middle.

He's getting there, some aren't going to come straight into AFL and dominate such as O'Merea.
Think injuries have taken a big toll on him, as well as confidence and the fact that he's been absolutely flogged on the track. He's got the right attitude, and It's certainly to early to judge him, based on his current output in a very poor team.

Points to Jimmys game this weekend. Thought it was a good stepping stone to showing the AFL world what he was drafted for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back