Universal Love #Jimmy300 & Boris the Great tribute thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I love Jimbob even more after hearing the story Buckley told on 360 last night.

Long story short in the last minute of the prelim Jimbob took the ball from the stoppage and ran right at a Pies bloke so that he was tackled and a ball up ensued. Much to Nafan's delight he did this three times :D

The most exclusive club in the AFL doubles in size this Friday night

The 300+ game, 3 flag winner, Brownlow Medallist, and Norm Smith Medallist club

Simon Black is joined by Jimmy and I can't think of two more humble champions than those two

53100909-simon-black-of-the-lions-and-jimmy-bartel-of-gettyimages.jpg

My favourite story of Jimmy comes from The Journey, when Bomber was discussing the last minute of the 2007 PF and how he was feeling nervous but looked up and saw that Jimmy was playing the kick behind the play without being told to and he knew we would be right.

Hard to believe I see Boris on a semi-regular basis where I am, still forever in awe of him and that won't change any time soon. Can confirm that he is definitely humble in real life.

Big congratulations to both, they've been keys to our success and nothing can ever take that away.

^^ I'd completely forgotten about that mark, reminds me of the Riewoldt mark from around the same time.

Peter Riccardi was running around he must have been young then.

Partridge you mentioned in another thread the fact that the Doggies celebrated them getting to play the Cats in the QF in 09 like they were going to trounce us.

Enter Boris. IIRC 17 touches in the first quarter and a goal, he absolutely torched them. One of the most dominant finals quarters of our halcyon days.

Bartel is simply amazing. 2011 GF as a mid cross CHF. His coolness in the moment was supreme. 09, sacrificing his game to nullify hayes who was torching us in the first quarter. 07 - simply a fantastic year. Hope he can replicate the heroics of his 250th, 4 goals this week would be delightful.

It is astonishing to me to see the output these two are having this year. I have wondered what quality that the Hawks (hodge mitchell et al) have had to get great performances out of 'old' blokes at the business end of the year. I hope that we are about to see a golden 2 months in the careers of #3 and #44

GO CATS, do it for these warriors of THE MIGHTY BLUE AND WHITE

Two men with real guts and genuin smartness, and great decipline. Icon of the club. Great players, great club.

Go Catters!

^^ I'd completely forgotten about that mark, reminds me of the Riewoldt mark from around the same time.

Was the same week as the Riewoldt mark, but doesn't get the same amount of recognition mainly because Eddie was talking about Trevor Marmalade instead of calling the action

I love Jimbob even more after hearing the story Buckley told on 360 last night.

Long story short in the last minute of the prelim Jimbob took the ball from the stoppage and ran right at a Pies bloke so that he was tackled and a ball up ensued. Much to Nafan's delight he did this three times :D
Did that even happen 3 times? When Bucks said that my immediate reaction was 'that isn't how it happened'

It absolutely happened the very last big contest but not sure about the other 2 alleged times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was actually the same day.

Did that even happen 3 times? When Bucks said that my immediate reaction was 'that isn't how it happened'

It absolutely happened the very last big contest but not sure about the other 2 alleged times
Plenty of mayo from Bucks with that one.

I'm not going to bother with some big write up because let's be honest the names of Enright and Bartel say all that needs to be said, but damn it's been a privilege watching 2 of our all time Greatest players and future Hall of Famers do what they do week after week after week.
What I love the most however isn't how good they have been, or how consistent, or their accolades but just how bloody good they are as blokes, 2 nicer blokes you will never run into.
Champions in every sense.

Let's go to the videotape:

Tackles O'Bree to force a throw in then takes the tackle to force the final ball up

Two of my absolute favourites over the journey. Both humble , understated and incredibly decent men
To see them both turning back the clock this year has made me shake my head in amazement.
The defenition of a pure footballer the both of them

Let's go to the videotape:

Tackles O'Bree to force a throw in then takes the tackle to force the final ball up

So what I'm taking from this is that I know more then Nathan Buckley

As a passionate Hawthorn fan I'm supposed to hate your club which of course I do (actually respect and admiration).

Both Bartel & Enright are the ultimate players and most importantly people you want in your club.
Congrats to both for amazing careers that look far from finished.
Bartel has also gone up higher on my list due to his fight against DV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back